Archived Electronics AAR - is there a list of qualifying attachments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a list of qualifying attachments that I can view somewhere? I've been trying to take the Electronics Champion Quiz for weeks but either the module is down or there is no time to get into it while on the clock. My TL told me to check the manual to learn more but there just isn't enough time to do it.

I suck at selling attachments and am determined to get better at it before 4th quarter hits. I'm pretty sure there are some less obvious items that count as attachments. I'm just not aware of what they are.

Anyone?

If your electronics department keeps an informational binder there might be a list of what types of items count as attachments to their product category, but there's no way to tell what specific items are counting toward the score.

When it was hashed over quickly in a huddle, I remember these...
Games, controllers, DVDs and BluRays, memory cards, cases for gaming consoles and cameras, of course the warranties we sell, and I'm pretty sure cards like Microsoft Points cards were included. If you just try to make sure everyone has everything they need for their purchases (buying a 3DS for your son? how about a NERF case to protect it?), I'll bet your score will improve.

If your electronics department keeps an informational binder there might be a list of what types of items count as attachments to their product category, but there's no way to tell what specific items are counting toward the score.

You're asking for a very large list. Any item that doesn't cost over 60 dollars in the aisle where that product comes from is a safe bet of being an attachment (exceptions are there, of course). if the product can be used with that item then it's an attachment.

but there's no way to tell what specific items are counting toward the score.

Not true actually...

You're asking for a very large list.

And that very large list does exist. If you go into Store Reports and to into AAR, then click the little "i" it should pop up with everything you want to know about attachments. Unless it's changed.

The basic thing to remember though, as long as it's an item that's in the same department and sometimes even same class in some instances, it will count as an attachment. Case in point, an HDMI cable from the videogames section is dept 207 and then whatever class of console it is for, it will NOT count as an attachment for a TV. However it will count towards the XBOX if it was from the XBOX class and same for the PS3 HDMI cable, it will count toward the PS3 because it's the same dept and class.

Is there a list of qualifying attachments that I can view somewhere? I've been trying to take the Electronics Champion Quiz for weeks but either the module is down or there is no time to get into it while on the clock.

The quiz is no longer accessable through the electronics page. Ever since they turned My Training into Career Spot, the old links all over workbench have been broken, and they never updated the pages to reflect that. You have to go under Career Spot > My Training and Development > Sort by Area > Sales Floor and then if you are a regular in that department you only need to take the reference quiz. If you are a newb in the department, you have to take the new online training, which is essentially the whole book online.

The basic thing to remember though, as long as it's an item that's in the same department and sometimes even same class in some instances, it will count as an attachment. Case in point, an HDMI cable from the videogames section is dept 207 and then whatever class of console it is for, it will NOT count as an attachment for a TV. However it will count towards the XBOX if it was from the XBOX class and same for the PS3 HDMI cable, it will count toward the PS3 because it's the same dept and class.

So if I grab a HDMI cable from the TV department and sell it with an XBox 360 or PS3, that won't count either? That doesn't make much sense.

So if I grab a HDMI cable from the TV department and sell it with an XBox 360 or PS3, that won't count either? That doesn't make much sense.

Actually, we were told earlier this year that any qualifying attachment counts toward the overall AAR as long as a major electronic item was on the same transaction. After that change, my store's AAR skyrocketed. If it was since changed though, that might explain why our AAR has been floundering lately.

My electronics TM and I found out something pretty cool the other day...

My store offers TV delivery/setup/installation by a third party (barcodes and pamphlets found on the TV back wall). These are all considered attachments, but there's a deal where the guest can get FREE delivery and setup (worth $99). I tried it with a $1400 60" and it actually took $6 OFF the original price. Might be a bug, but still...free attachment!

The offers are kind of vague/confusing...
- Free setup/delivery (store to home, service basically plugs in TV)
- Delivery/Installation (store to home, installing TV into wall, concealing wires, etc.)
- Then another I can't remember..

You'll have to spend about 20 minutes staring at the pamphlets to understand the difference between all three offers.

Yeah....except most here who know about those plans wouldn't offer it to their least favorite politician, much less a guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back