Archived Electronics Flow Team Process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! this is my first time posting. i've been on flow team doing electronics for about 4 months now. I was wondering what flow in electronics is like at other stores? Is it just one person that does the entire electronics section like me? It seems like my team lead has me doing so much extra work than i should have to be doing. I have to do all the pulls in the morning and push all of it to the floor and then have to push everything from the truck. After i am finished i have to then help with all the other section of the store. Once the entire flow team is done i have to go back to the electronics backroom and do all the back stock. And my team lead just informed me that he wants to train me on the register so i can start checking out guests as well. It just seems like so much for a flow team member to be doing. Is this normal?

I have been doing the electronics flow for four months too. It's just me. I'm responsible for pulling and pushing the autofills, going to the back to help with the rest of the autofills until the truck is unloaded, pushing the pallet of electronics that comes off the truck, pushing all batteries in the entire store, doing all of the backstock, and pulling MIRs. Backstock also includes the stuff that comes from revisions, plano sets, and new release sets. I also end up pushing research, CAFs, revision batches, and filling the iPod/iPad cases (because nobody else will do it).

I usually get 6-7 dvd repacks, 3-4 security repacks, and 5-6 regular red repacks. There's usually about 20 other boxes, keyboards/computer mice, printers, tvs. Since we've started 6am, I haven't finished 100% for about two weeks now. I have four red repacks that I left yesterday, and I know they will still be there tomorrow, along with the CAFs and autofills from today. The TMs (and TL) that work electronics refuse to help me, and my ETL wont give me any help. I'm only scheduled for four hours every truck day, my ETL Log just expects me to stay a full 8 everyday.

As far as being cashier trained, I would actually appreciate that. I spend so much time paging or running around looking for the electronics TMs to ring up guests...it'd be so much easier if I could just do it. Glad to know someone else is in the same boat as I am...it's stressful.

Glad i'm not the only one. Sounds like you have it alot worse than i do. Its like being a flow TM, backroom TM, and a salesfloor TM all in one but with the same pay as the other flow TMs that gets to leave at 8am. Just doesn't seem fair to me.

Haha. I might make it sound a little worse than it is. I'm alone most of the day, carving away at a mountain of repacks and smart carts of week old backstock. Gives me plenty of time to think about how much I hate my job (which I used to love). :p

Curious to see what others have to say. I'm thinking about talking to one of my TLs (not sure who I report to anymore) about maybe getting a person to help out for like an hour everyday. If I could get just a little help things would be so much easier.

I used to do electronics back in the day for flow and that is pretty much what I did and the guy that does it now does the same.

I never got any help either.

The guy that does it now does get help most of the time when needed/wanted. Good team and good team leader helps that.

We were both already cashier trained before doing electronics. That would seem like a major pain not to be.

I've left the backroom spotless and cart free only to come back after my day off to a room full of carts of untouched backstock. I always communicate this to my team lead only to have him give me the same response every time. "I will talk to somebody about it." What else can i do?

Challenge upward.
He's obviously not talking to the right 'somebody' if it keeps happening.
Take a pic of how it looks when you leave then a pic of what you find your next day in.

Welcome to The Break Room.
Do you have some idea of who is directly responsible for the mess that you find when you return?
It always helps to be able to document everything completely and fully.
Write down the details in a clear complete detailed fashion than as redeye said keep challenging up until you get results.

The team member I have in electronics for flow is responsible for auto fills push only, security repacks and then the regular electronics push. She has to walk the entire store and fill battery post as well as check lanes DVD end caps and the end cap in toys. Then after she has to walk merch protection throughout the store and spider wrap all items that are in need. She is schedule 6hrs but usually leaves at before her 5th. Oh and she covers the electronic tm break.

Flow doesnt do E/E at my store, the backroom does. I have one BR TM that does the pulls for E/E, help with the other autofills as well. Then works the pull, the push and anything else that needs to be dealt with i.e. flexing out video games. They backstock everything in the room and then help the rest of the backroom. I have 2 BR TM's that are specifically trained for the electronics push and backstock. My whole team knows and we go out to help when we get caught up in the back after truck backstock.

At my store the flow team member does the same thing except he doesnt help in other areas.

I can't imagine having to pull and push the autofills and do MIRs...that's backroom responsibility. If you get a solid 8 out of it, though, I wouldn't mind as much. That's impossible for a 4 hour shift, though.

Our TM is responsible for getting security done before 8, then pushing all the merch to the floor. About it.

I don't really mind pull/push and MIRs as long as I'm caught up. Technically I'm on the schedule 45 minutes for flow and 3 hours for backroom. I dont get a solid 8 either, they want me to leave at 1pm instead of 2:30

I don't mean to hijack this thread from the OP or anything. :)

we have 2 tm's push the autos and stuff from truck.. they are only scheduled till 8am. they participate in the unload process though, they dont deal with cashiering, backstocking or pulling though

Seems like a full load. When I used to do electronics flow (we started at 4am) , I was part of the truck unload so the backroom pulled by autofills. By the time we finish truck unload, I grab my cage & pallet(s) and start sorting. I'm pretty much done 1 hour after lunch (which would be at like 10:30am). My TL prefers that I push, so I help push the left over carts/flats for the store for that day. And when we finish truck/autofill push, then a group of us would help backstock. Technically, your workload seems right, but since you guys start at 6AM, it's a bit much. Guests are a pain to deal with.. especially in electronics. They have so many questions...

My store's electronics flow guy usually comes in at 4am. Pretty sure the backroom team pulls the autofills, but he pushes them, pulls freight onto the floor until his pallets/cage come up from receiving, then breaks it down and pushes it. That's usually done by 8am, maybe 9. Then he backstocks everything from the day until 11 or 12, along with any leftover stuff from the day before. Always leaves the stockroom spotless. He's awesome, works hard. If the truck is heavy on electronics he'll ask for help, but he rarely needs it. (Except during the holiday season - I was his help then, and fill in now on some of his days off.)

Last edited:
I'm going to ask my TL or ETL about working a half day on Wednesdays. Apparently the last Electronics person did that. If I had an extra four hours every week, I'd have plenty of time to catch up on backstock, do the MIRs, and push/backstock the batteries that have been unlocated for two weeks.

Today I partnered with the Electronics TL to do something about the immense amount of discontinued video games, that will definitely make the backroom look less cluttered. All of the games (4 smart carts full) have been just sitting back there for a few weeks.

my store's flow team has a "backroom team" the pulls electronics. the electronic flow tm helps with the unload, then goes the E-ton secton with his pallet and pulls when the truck is done. Thet don't pull their own pulls since the backroom flow teams does them all

I used to do entertainment during q4. I think we were still 4 am. I'd come in at 6 and the elec flow would have all my repacks on a tub. I usually finished by 9. It was somewhat relaxing. Knocking out the large quantities first, separating by aisle, and just working by myself. Now I think one person does all of e & e, but she gets help sometimes.

We have an amazing flow tm who handles e&e for us. She pulls the autos, works the push and then backstocks everything. We have been at 4am and she takes care of everything on her own. She gets done on the floor by 8. We will be switching to 6am soon and she will get help for entertainment and will still have a goal to finish the floor by 8.

We have an amazing flow tm who handles e&e for us. She pulls the autos, works the push and then backstocks everything. We have been at 4am and she takes care of everything on her own. She gets done on the floor by 8. We will be switching to 6am soon and she will get help for entertainment and will still have a goal to finish the floor by 8.
This was me. I could be 100% done with the floor by 8, kick ass on the backstock, and be out before my 5th. Now I am getting most of the floor done by 10, on good days 100% by 11 (5th hour).

Today was a tough one. I left 14 boxes of entertainment...I just ran out of time.

The last two truck days my security report has been much longer than usual. On Thursday it was five pages, today eleven. Everything on the truck that was for electronics was on the report (except for dvds).

Anybody else getting security reports like this? Having to make sure everything is there takes so much longer. I don't know if we are having issues with missing merchandise, if the DC is having issues, or if management is just making my life harder for fun :p

I think that the repack zone numbers have changed too...is that something done on the store level, or higher up? Merchandise I'd usually get in red repacks came in white repacks instead.

We noticed this the past few days too. I haven't gotten a response from mysupport yet, but for now, I've just had my elec TM audit what comes in the zone 9 repacks and call it a day.

My TL told me that the repacks for electronics are being combined. I normally would get general electronics in number 2 and security in number 9. It is now all being combined into the white security repacks. My security reports went from being 2-5 pages to 11 or more. Supposed to be better but honestly just makes it more time consuming. I now have to wait until the truck is finished before i can start pushing. When normally i would be able to start sorting and pushing the normal repacks before the truck was finished. Such a terrible idea

All Electronics is going to zone 9, you will see red repacks coming in still for awhile cause the DC doesnt have enough white repacks. This is why everything is showing up on your security report. You will have more of a check in process obviously cause its longer now, but they are working on that report going away and a new way to check in the merchandise (not sure what yet).
Side note your repacks will be royally screwed up till june 16, because the roll out for this is a month long, such a genius idea that is. Our repacks are coming Electronics in HB repacks, Stat repacks in the DE block or in HB. Glad we get to deal with this for another 2-3 weeks. HB repacks zone are expanding to 4 or 5 zones now as well for this rollout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back