Archived Electronics Team Members in Hardlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a general question since I know every store is different...so I was never trained in Hardlines, I just went straight to Electronics, and for the newest schedule they gave me 2 Hardlines shifts. Is this normal? Can I expect this to continue happening? I actually had 1 Hardlines shift back in November, although that was because they needed all the help they could get the weekend before Black Friday.

CONTEXT: I was hired September 2015. All of my shifts have been Electronics except for a cashier shift on the Thursday before Black Friday and the weekend before Easter (I gave the Easter one away on the swap shift board), and then the Hardlines shifts I mentioned above.

EDIT: I meant this more as, "Will they be giving me Hardlines shift often" because to be honest, I love Electronics and I'm so accustomed to it I'd rather stay there for all of my shifts like things have been for the past few months. Would I like to cross train in other areas like Presentation? Sure, but that would be on my own volition.

Last edited:
Electronics hours are low right now. They're probably just trying to help you out and keep giving you hours even though the department is low right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back