Archived Electronics TM questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super

I can haz pda?
Well I have a few questions about Electronics which is my primary workcenter ^.^

1. I have cashier shifts most of the time even though I'm Elect TM and I was good at getting red cards at first but one week I was completely dry even I though I asked every guest and I was 2 conversions off "Green" status which I guess I need to get more electronics shifts...I was told :( I LOVE Electronics and I sell attachments easily as I'm confident speaking about them and anything back there. I have had only 2 shifts back there and it's been a little more than a month lol but next week I have 0 electronics shifts :/

2. The Electronics Champion quiz. Where do I take this? I can never find my Electronics TL to ask him

3. If I don't reach green status can I say goodbye to that awesome island back there until I do?

4. My learning plan for cashiering and sales floor and electronics were never checked off etc or signed I was just told to read them the first day after orientation over a month ago

I'm pretty confident with Electronics and I'm a very fast cashier'er who always has a 90+ average speed rating and I ask guests nicely about our RedCard but most of them say no :/

I don't know what to do here...If you have any questions for me I will gladly answer them and I will post any more questions in replies

P.S I have read the Electronics Guide and Numerous threads for Electronics :)

Last edited:
1. It sounds like you're primarily a cashier, so getting your conversion to green is important. Search the forum for redcard tips/advice. There's several threads on the topic.

2. You take the electronics champion quiz on workbench. I'm not sure of the exact path, but you can fins it under the all training link under the career spot tab I believe.

3. This might depend on the store, but most stores want people who can sell attachments AND redcards to be the ones that work electronics.

4. Technically your training needs to be completed, signed, and keyed by HR before you work in a specific workcenter. But training is more often than not a weak point in many stores.

That's great :/

#4 - My packet is probably lost in the operator room somewhere...So even though you "cross train" you're not officially trained in that workcenter then?

Question: Is it required for Electronic TM's to be trained in Backroom as well?

Will I forever be stuck in Cashier with Electronic shifts here and there If I get close to green status or just stay in red even though I ask everyone? If so that sucks kinda wanted to work other places in the store as Cashiering is a real energy drain for me being a introvert :boredom:

I love learning new things and after awhile I kinda thirst for some sort of new input...currently at that stage now it feels like I'm squeezed all the information I could learn from the position of cashier

They are starting to put me on separate zone shifts apart from my cashiering shifts

Last edited:
2. You can probably go on workbench and type Electronics Champion Quiz in the search bar.

4. People at my store just get thrown in a workcenter, with no training. The exception being food. You can ask your TL or HR for a new learning plan. Check off what you know
and have a trainer or anyone teach you what you're missing.

Electronics TM are not required to be backroom trained. You do have to know how to use SUBT. This is needed to pull items from the backroom.

Just ask for more shifts back there. My store is the same as antivibe's. Most of the time people are just thrown into electronics, pick up a shift, or get called in to work electronics when someone calls out. Generally speaking, electronics tms are usually hardlines tms who have showed some initiative and can be be trusted to get their zone done. That's just a generalization, but it's true in my district. Most electronics tms worked their way there from salesfloor. The only exception is during 4th quarter when we have second location cashiers. These tms are usually just cashiers with a set of keys. They get video games and ring sales while the electronics tm(s) focus(es) on guest service.

I loved the fact I was asked to pick up an opening shift for Electronics years ago at my former store with barely any info before I started working salesfloor. Just help guests, answer Electronic calls, and grab the immediate guest assistance buttons. Never get too far from the boat was the point.

No one told me that the only scheduled hardlines salesfloor TM that day was Electronics. So I didn't know I had to answer every freaking call and every freakin button.

Last edited:
it suggested to ask for backroom training too. good for you & the training meter. it will show an eagerness to learn, before you are asked to. cnet is a great source for electronics.

The irony.. im sales floor, NEVER have i been trained for electronics and to make matters worse im completely clueless when it comes to up to gaming, TVs and such. Yet they have me cover breaks/lunch and one time i had to cover a 4hr shift for a NCNS while working my own shift (mid doing pulls) madness! So you can imagine me panicking back there every time they hand me those keys :cray: Only thing i feel confident about is getting a game for the guest and ringing them up lol.

And to answer one of your questions, yes, it is recommended for electronics peeps to be trained for backroom because ive seen them do their own pulls for guests lets say they want a console or tv thats not in a shelf or w/e. this avoids making guests wait for backroom TMs to bring up the item since sometimes they are busy making pulls for the line and such. If i were you id talk to your hardlines ETL about getting more shifts back there or the the HR ETL. If you have a good management team they will listen to you and work something out :)

Electronics TM are not required to be backroom trained. You do have to know how to use SUBT. This is needed to pull items from the backroom.

Whenever I print out new learning plans for Electronics, there is a backroom portion too, and they have to take a backroom quiz.

Whenever I print out new learning plans for Electronics, there is a backroom portion too, and they have to take a backroom quiz.

This. SUBTing is not recommended if you're not backroom certified. You don't have to go through the whole training for backroom, just the certification quiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back