Archived Empty Shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it doesn't matter how many houses you can buy, if your body is broken in the process. I had a full blown nervous breakdown at a job while on FMLA because the boss kept demanding things I couldn't medically do, which meant leaving on not so great terms, which meant trouble getting the next job, and it meant over a year of putting my brain back together and becoming normal again. I have chronic pain because I pushed myself too hard physically at the next job instead of slacking off so my body could heal properly. Oh, and in both those cases, I also spent a LOT of money on medical treatment I wouldn't have needed if I had eased off instead of pushing myself because the businesses supposedly needed me. One injury, six weeks of immobilization and have a happy life, vs. two MRIs and 4 months physical therapy and chronic pain (mild for now) that I've already been told will get worse and worse due to internal scar tissue causing damage to tissue around it.

And I'm lucky, I still have my family. I know a couple people who lost their family because putting their all in the job meant serious neglect of spouse and children and the spouse decided they deserved more than an absent partner/parent that came home only to sleep.

So no, no job should come first. Self-preservation and family should come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back