Archived encouraging team members to sign up for red credit card !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always try to encourage a new TM to sign up for the RC on the day I train them so they can see how the sign up process works for both sides.

Our store isn't that desperate...yet. Also if they sign up online depending on what zip code they use it will still go to your store. So the higher ups aren't too pushy on the credit card because I live in a college city and 90% of our TM's have enough student debt they do not need a credit card myself included :D

Is there anything that can be done about our gstl who
tells the minors to apply for the red c.c. knowing they will be declined? Every time I hear him asking these kids to "help him out" I try to stop them from screwing up their credit before they are even legal! The gstl is so concerned about his ass...he has convinced one kid to sign up 3 times now! I'm very pissed off that be is taking advantage of the younger team members. What can I do to stop him?

tells the minors to apply for the red c.c. knowing they will be declined? Every time I hear him asking these kids to "help him out" I try to stop them from screwing up their credit before they are even legal! The gstl is so concerned about his ass...he has convinced one kid to sign up 3 times now! I'm very pissed off that be is taking advantage of the younger team members. What can I do to stop him?

Casually mention it to the ETL, as a question, like you're just wondering if this was cool.

What commie said.
I'd also talk to the kids & let them know that they're damaging their own credit before they've even started.
If leadership doesn't care, I'll bet their parents WOULD.

What commie said.
I'd also talk to the kids & let them know that they're damaging their own credit before they've even started.
If leadership doesn't care, I'll bet their parents WOULD.

Good point, hadn't thought about how pissed off the parents would be about that.

Ummmmm.... This needs to be brought up to the Hotline Immediately. This is actually illegal, believe it or not.

You have to be 18 years or older, to sign a contract, or to enter a contract. Legally, a Credit Card company, or any lender can't accept a application from a minor. Encouraging someone... to apply anyway, is a huge liability for the company.

And... if he is encouraging them to apply and lie about their age. Then... he's encouraging outright Fraud & Misrepresentation, both of which could put Target in some very hot water, legalwise.

You should definitely call Hotline and report this. As I can guarantee you, they will do something about it. Especially, if one of those minors was encouraged to lie about his/her age in a application and they become aware of it. He encouraged someone to break the law, while working on the clock for the company. That is a huge No-No.

Thank you for your replies. I've been back and forth as to whether callin the integrity hotline is absolutely needed in this situation. I will contact them in the morning. I just cannot believe how careless he can be and he may be getting orders from higher up...im not sure. I can only report what I've seen and heard. Having to run around and warn the youngsters about this practice is exhausting. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back