Archived Ended work early on accident!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey been with target for about 4 weeks now and today I accidentally ended my shift early and left at 4pm instead of 5pm. When I got home I checked to see my schedule tommorow which ends at 4 and noticed I was supposed to leave at 5 today instead. I must've switched up the numbers in my head, anyways this is no excuse but I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action for me to take at this point is since I'm under the 90 day period. Will I get fired? Who should I tell? Please help :cray:

You wont get fired on the spot but it is a small thing they'll keep in mind when deciding to keep you or not. Talk to your TL or ETL and just apologize, I am sure they'll understand. Happens occasionally, we all make mistakes.

You won't get fired. What I dont understand is how your TL or whoever was in charge of your shift didnt tell you anything when you clocked out early? I mean in my store before we clock out we let the LOD know and they give is the all clear. Unless in your store you arent required to do that. Again, dont worry you wont be fired :nah:

You won't get fired. What I dont understand is how your TL or whoever was in charge of your shift didnt tell you anything when you clocked out early? I mean in my store before we clock out we let the LOD know and they give is the all clear. Unless in your store you arent required to do that. Again, dont worry you wont be fired :nah:

This. If you're in a workcenter in which you carry a walkie (sales floor, backroom, carts, etc.), then you should walkie your TL or the LOD to let them know when you come in, go on break, and leave. They probably didn't know you were leaving until after you had already punched out.

Just apologize, explain what happened, and offer to work anytime lost. On top of that, work extra hard to make up for what you did...Hey, accidents happen and were all human, if your ETLs are civil people, they will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back