Archived Entertainment brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week ago I was interviewed and put into electronics because of my high AAR, and Conversion. I've been wanting to ask about the Entertainment brand, but is it too soon? There currently isnt anyone in the brand position and hasn't been for quite a while now. Other electronics team members have been there longer however havent become brand? My root question is: Should I wait, or should I bring it to my SrTLs attention about my interests?

Thanks!

it is unfortunately too soon. you must wait 90 days before switching workcenters. but, wait your store still has a position for entertainment brand tm. that position is such a rare thing nowadays.

I would advise not to become a brand captain, unless you see an increase in salary. I was asked to become a brand captain for my store last year., after our last brand captain quit. I agreed to do it, and was promised a salary increase. About 6 month into doing pogs, revisions, signing and maintaining displays. I found out that my salary increase was the same as being an electronics team member full time. I talked with my HR, and we looked at my salary, they told me there is no pay increase for "Brand Captain". There is no pay grade for it. So basically I felt like I have been duped. After working my butt off making sure electronics/entertainment was as stable as it could be. So just make sure your getting "two" pay increases.

So how is entertainment in your store being handled right now?
It's not, after leaving electronics at the end of the year. One person in plano does all the revisions for the store, so that person works in electronics Mon-Tues. When I walk by entertainment, it never looks zoned, and the shelves are dirty. I now work in the meat department, it's a better atmosphere for sure. We are the 3rd grossing area for our store, but my PG is lower now....I don't get it. I did everything in electronics, so it's funny when the TL of that area comes asking for me for help removing a camera from the display because a guest wants to buy it. I think to my self "Should't you know how to do this?", "Why am I not the TL?". Now I hear that Target dropped AAR. So either they will drop there PG to 5, or they are going to give electronics to market source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back