Entertainment Dcode?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with clearing out ENT Dcode from the back and how they did it. I've recently gone through and cleared out all of the salvage and clearance that was in the backroom tools section of greenfield, and now I'd like to purge all of the Dcode. Everything looks doable except for Entertainment which is literally over a thousand units 😬

It seems like your receiver is not keeping up with their IRs, there should not be that much d-code in the back. Having some is normal because it might take a couple of weeks for items to drop into an IR batch.

When it comes to movies, cds, and books, those HAVE to stay back stocked or they will never be pulled for an IR. They technically will still be in an IR, but non-recall IRs will not send you to the floor to look for products so you would have to dive into each IR and look and see if a particular product is in a particular batch and that is not time efficient.

At my store the SD had to reach out to our Operations Director a few years ago to see if they could drop in batches for all the products we had in the back as d-code because for some reason it was not dropping into IRs. Maybe reach out to your ETL/SD to see if that is something that can be done?

You can drop irs as well . You can go to my help and ask to be issued new ir . It will have to be in location and you will have to scan each dpci . Bug I would make the receiver do that process since he/she dropped the ball on it to begin with .

You can drop irs as well . You can go to my help and ask to be issued new ir . It will have to be in location and you will have to scan each dpci . Bug I would make the receiver do that process since he/she dropped the ball on it to begin with .
To add to this you can give some examples for DPCI and ask them to go through and get rid of high unit products. Fun fact, Dr. Seuss is excluded because of a contract.

Just wondering ig Target still does the entertainment return scan anymore. If so most of your d-code may go away when you complete your next scan. Of course it has been almost 4 years since I worked for Target and had to help complete a scan.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with clearing out ENT Dcode from the back and how they did it. I've recently gone through and cleared out all of the salvage and clearance that was in the backroom tools section of greenfield, and now I'd like to purge all of the Dcode. Everything looks doable except for Entertainment which is literally over a thousand units 😬
I'm a GMTL over hardlines, I can tell you those get pulled by your Rev Log Expert every week.

Just wondering ig Target still does the entertainment return scan anymore. If so most of your d-code may go away when you complete your next scan. Of course it has been almost 4 years since I worked for Target and had to help complete a scan.
Those were the good ole days

They got rid of that scan years ago, unfortunately. But the biggest disaster was when they decided to contract out a 3rd party to be in charge of the movies. They ran it that way for a few years and at least in my store they did maybe 5 returns in total. I was actually glad when I had to take over that work load again because I never had a problem getting it done.

Movie ir are very inefficient and expensive shipping. Fifty dpci are the max per ir. The same studio may have multiple ir because of the 50 limit and even then each ir may have less than 10 per ir. I may ship as many as 4 returns to the same address paying about $6 in shipping cost for each ir.

Which is your receiver isn’t it? Or do you actually have a tm that he/she does is irs only?
If I'm remembering correctly, I think at one point I was told my job title was officially 'Reverse Logistics Expert' when they rolled out the new titles a few years ago. But I'm really only ever been called the Receiver by anyone in my store.

Unfortunately at our store half of the movies aren’t in location in the backroom. On the sales floor there are three different locations for movies but none of them are in location either. It’s really hard and time consuming looking for them when none are in location anywhere. Do any other receivers have this problem?

Unfortunately at our store half of the movies aren’t in location in the backroom. On the sales floor there are three different locations for movies but none of them are in location either. It’s really hard and time consuming looking for them when none are in location anywhere. Do any other receivers have this problem?
The biggest step that you have to do is make sure that all the movies are located in the back. When we had the outside vendor doing the movies they complained about stuff being back stocked, but when we stopped backstocking they stopped coming in to send stuff back for so long that movies actually would drop back onto planogram (this was before they really cut back the movie section). Once it swapped over it took a little for us to get everything backstocked, but it helped.

It will never send you to the floor for movies, so it is important that once stuff comes off a planogram that it gets sent to the back and backstocked. Even backstocking a section or two at a time will help you see some improvement. Unfortunately, you might not have the hours available to do this, but even checking a few wacos everyday to make sure that everything is backstocked can help.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think at one point I was told my job title was officially 'Reverse Logistics Expert' when they rolled out the new titles a few years ago. But I'm really only ever been called the Receiver by anyone in my store.
Right they change the name but years ago it was receiver inbound/outbound tm . Which now has the fancy name but core role is still the same the receiver does it not a dbo for entertainment or tech etc .

Those were the good ole days
Except when they had you scan everything on the floor before moving to the backroom. Often emptied out entire sections of product form the floor. Also took product from floor, but did not take the same product from the backroom.

Except when they had you scan everything on the floor before moving to the backroom. Often emptied out entire sections of product form the floor. Also took product from floor, but did not take the same product from the backroom.
This is the main thing that was wrong with that system. But I wish they had left the system in place for getting rid of the journals/day planners. If they aren't backstocked and are still on the floor then they will never go back because I do not have the time to scan through all the journals on the floor multiple times hoping that they are in one of the multiple batches that drop for them.

This is the main thing that was wrong with that system. But I wish they had left the system in place for getting rid of the journals/day planners. If they aren't backstocked and are still on the floor then they will never go back because I do not have the time to scan through all the journals on the floor multiple times hoping that they are in one of the multiple batches that drop for them.

We've had planners backstocked for a year and they never drop into an IR. They are eligible to be defected out now though so that's the route we take to remove them.

That is a huge issue for me also. It would be great if there were pictures. When we were able to print paper copies of the Ir it showed the on hands and the upc numbers. I was able to tell what style or who the manufacturer is. If the dbo doesnt help find the product that's on the floor I don't bother looking them. We are only required to look for mdse on the salesfloor of recall items.

What has worked for me is keying the on hands that the system has. I'll do a quick look through the item info to see what collection names I need to look for and grab what has old dates. I'll just go through all of stationary and it doesn't take me more than 20-30 minutes.

I've partnered with my leads and explain to them how much time it would take to scan everything and they have all agreed that this is the best route.

We went from 6000 entertainment dcode to 1000 very quickly. Schedule someone to do IRs and dont pull them for fulfillment, easy as that. Give them SFS boxes with pre taped boxes to cookie cut it as much as possible. Whoever says its reverse logistics job to do it, try checking in vendors/loading sweeps/cleaning/asking to pick OPUs/GPUs/SFS, stray, and whatever else. Just schedule someone 4 hours a week and don't pull your resource.

Wow as a receiver they don’t want us going to far from receiving so they don’t have us doing fulfillment or stray. Apbp wants us to get our duties taken care of including irs.

Back