Sales Floor Target discontinuing movies.

Ugh at my store guests love entertainment movies books and music(aka K-POP) I get asked daily multiple times do I have this (book cd/ K-pop version / movie) in stock. And so many times I can’t help them because no one is there to push the product or even backstock it. There really needs to be a DBO of entertainment which my store actually agreed and assigned someone however they keep pulling them to opu or pushing other departments. Tech used to own entertainment but it’s just too much to keep up with. It’s a whole other department and no one wants to deal with it. Books is insane with their damn boxes to break someone’s back. Music and movies are easier but we used to have someone come help with the movies but they got rid of that. Shelves are bare and guests are angry. It says online we have a book in stock and guess what I don’t have anyone to move the mountain of freight and get to the steel to dig through a pallet of 20 100lb boxes of books to find your book . Sorry
When doing book returns Readerlink say boxes can not be more than 50 lbs. Which I don't mind because any more and it be to heavy for me. Does make me wonder what the weight per box is that they ship to us?

Whoah I did not know that! Good to know I am pretty good at knowing how many pounds I am lifting I will have to test this out. I feel like if the books are busting out of the box like a popped can of biscuits it’s probably too heavy.

There's no reason to follow the plano on Vinyls since the way they were always sorted back in the day. Sure it was by alphabet (I think), but they still had them all in front of each other and you'd go through them by hand/finger.

Then there's the vinyl hunters method...

fast-crate-digging.gif

We don't follow the planogram either. It is not set up in a way that can be easily maintained, especially because the labels get cut off on a reverse aisle. If they want this to look nice, they need to come up with a specific fixture to hold them neatly.
remove the label strip and just print a upc with price label so the price is on the product, then it won’t matter.

Back