Archived Eternal hopelessness

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I had a major epiphany this past weekend and it's something I've probably known all along but I was in denial about it.
I have come to realize and accept that no matter what I do or anyone else does at my store, nothing is going to change. The store just flat out sucks. I have also started to see that you can't blame it at all on management because they have their hands tied. At my store, we hire way too many unreliable pieces of shit that don't want to work basically. We are always behind on everything. Back stock, pulls, research, sales planners, sales, red cards, how clean the store is, etc...
And then we also are always over budget on hours too. I heard we were 1000 hours over for both September and October.

I haven't done any backstock in over a week. Lately, I've been working pulls on the sales floor rather than back stock because what's the point of back stocking when there are dozens and dozens of vehicles of back stock. And no, backroom team members do not normally work pulls because we're so busy pulling so much shit.

We are basically playing catching up eternally.

I wish I would have to realized this a long long time ago. I actually used to care about doing my best and going the extra mile. Now, I just do my own thing. I cannot change things at my store. There is no point. Nothing will change because the store sucks. I think it could be the location. We are right on the border of the good side of the city and the ghetto shitty side of the city.

With this enlightenment I have experienced, I am starting to see things a lot clearer and transparent. The morale, atmosphere, and attitude of the store is downright pitiful and gloomy.

The store I work at has to be the worst Target in America or at least in the state that I live in.

It's just an eternal hopelessness at my store. Things will simply stay the same. The store will continue to be a piece of shit store.

@Jackswastedlife99 - I always enjoy your posts and your GIFs at the bottom. I remember getting so far behind in backstock because my STL wouldn't give me the resources and authority I needed. I sat her down and told her she needs to unf*ck her logic quickly so we can prevent weeks of rolling trailers and piles of backstock. I sure as hell wasn't going to work 20 hours a day playing catch-up. She went with my plan and boom, never rolled a trailer again and we turned over a clean backroom each night.

What I did? - Held TMs accountable for meeting time goals - Fired shitty TMs - hired awesome TMs - and explained to my STL how RWT works and how we were getting the same amount of hours in logistics as a C store (we were AA+).

Now with Viper - what a shit storm of an idea. It's not a terrible concept but we all know stores aren't going to get the hours needed to support it. They're asking a bit much from each TM. Some stores do have superstars that can do everything but they get worn out over time.

Are you able or willing to transfer stores? Maybe a fresh start at another Target could help.

You are backroom team member just worry about your tasks. With is making sure stuff is pulled, pushed and backstocked. You have 4 or 5 other backroom team members, let them do focus on the backstock like you say they do. Stay an hour after your shift and work push not backstock. Communicate to the LOD after every single autofill. The other day on halloween, i spent 3.5 hours straight pulling stuff cause my morning guy left at noon with my TL. LOD didnt want to send me help. I asked him to come to the back, showed him, and explained that I am more then willing to leave at my scheduled time and leave it for your morning instocks/salesfloor team. Wanna know how fast i got help? Pretty fast.

Dont think of what ur doing as a bother. This is your JOB. Should not be thinking "cant wait till I go home." it should be " What can I do to better my situation?"

Im just a forum troll and cane here to do just that. But after reading op I will put out there I am in the same situation except from a sales floor point of view. Its hard to get out of this feeling im approaching hr today to speak about this.

Hey @Jackswastedlife99 you must work at my store. Sounds the same anyway. Target needs to learn one simple lesson:
Great stores depend on Great people.
If they would pay people well, and give them hours, they would attract and retain great employees. Most of the best
people at my store have been there nearly 10 years because of "reasons" we all got a $2.00 an hour raise immediately after our store opened. Guess what? Great people have stayed a loong time. People who get hired now dont think of this as a job they "need to keep" because it pays the same as literally any other job. There is no reason to put your best foot forward. /rant.

Sorry for hijacking your rant, lol

My thoughts are the same @Ringwraith917, Target needs to offer more raises. "Team Trainers" need to have a raise for the position, that way tm's will actually want to be active and assume responsibility in training others. Same with Electronics, if they want tm's to push AAR then they need to give more of an incentive than the 50 cent raise (whatever they get). Same goes for the gsa's that act as gstl's half the time. Its tough as hell to motivate yourself with that kinda pay!

just went to hr to complain about the poor state of my store and it went extremely well I provided great feedback no other team member would say and my morale cant get any higher after being at rock bottom and this website and everybody here has helped me so much thank you to everyone here recognition to you. Ok now back to being a forum troll.

I just posted the above in the live chat. Op be proactive and find a solution if you can theres always a way to get out of these holes. But seriously im going back to troll mode now :)

A little reminder from St Francis of Assisi:
Lord, grant me the courage to change that which I can;
the serenity to accept that which I cannot
& the wisdom to know the difference.

Personally, I'm working on the serenity a LOT.

@Jackswastedlife99 ..I can relate to some of what you are saying. I know how it is to go into work and feel like no matter what you do ( or how well you do it ) that it doesn't seem to makes a difference. I know how it is to backstock a tub , flat or pallet and think wow...progress then turn around and someone brings 5 tubs of backstock. I also, know what its like to work with people who really just don't care...about their job, teamwork and treating each other with respect. I know how it is to have leaders who couldn't lead a fly to s##t...and who certainly don't give a crap about their team . However, I refuse to play their game. I go into work, I do my job and I do it well. I am not perfect but I do my best each and every day that I am there. No, I haven't drank Spots Koolaid...but I do believe in doing your best. D ont let Spot get to you Jack...its not worth it to let them drag you down.

I wasn't intending for this thread to be a rant or pity postfest. I was just saying how I have finally realized the true nature of what my store really is. It's a piece of shit store. One of the worst Targets if not the worst. I have finally realized that I can't really change anything at Target. I wish I had realized that earlier.

I know some of you will say "oh well, you're never going to get anything done with a negative or Debbie downer attitude". It's not about the attitude. It's reality. I'm being realistic. The store is a lost cause. No matter what you do, how hard you work, how late you stay, the store still sucks. It's just the way it is. I used to blame management but now I don't think it's fair. It's not their fault that the store has shitty unreliable team members and then when those shit team members don't show up, the remaining good team members suffer and have to do the work load of 2 or 3 team members by themselves. It's an unfinishable amount of work.

I cannot transfer to a different store because I was told by the STL a few years ago that he wouldn't want to give another Target "a problem".

All I need to do is just get through this Christmas season and then in January, finally get off my ass and finally go look for something else.

Honestly, the last month has been one of the least stressful months I've ever had at Target mainly because I simply don't give as much of a shit as I did in the past.
Why worry about a stupid monkeyboy shitty job at Target anyway?

Why are you waiting until January? There's nothing to stop you from looking for something else starting today. You've been saying for the past 6 to 9 months that you either need to start looking or are going to start looking, but here you are, back to "I'll wait a couple of more months." Seriously...only you can decide to make things better for yourself. If you are content with being unhappy, then you're on the right path. But if you really want to change your situation, then stop making excuses and do it.

I think we should put Jack on a type of unemployment status. He must prove he's applied to x number of jobs before he can make a thread on here. :p

My problem is I dont know what I want to do in life. Im not content with being unhappy. I guess you might say it's a routine that I've gotten comfortable to but I wouldn't say content. I just feel embarassed, ashamed, and stupid that I've basically wasted 6 years at a place that I despise. Hopefully this is my last Christmas at Target and in retail. I want to get to a place in my life where I will never even consider applying at a retail store.

My problem is I dont know what I want to do in life. Im not content with being unhappy. I guess you might say it's a routine that I've gotten comfortable to but I wouldn't say content. I just feel embarassed, ashamed, and stupid that I've basically wasted 6 years at a place that I despise. Hopefully this is my last Christmas at Target and in retail. I want to get to a place in my life where I will never even consider applying at a retail store.
I wouldn't call it a waste because you've received raises and are currently making more than you would at any other retail store. That's why it's so hard to quit, but I wouldn't call it a waste.

What do you like to do in your spare time? Do that, or something related to it. Movies? Games? Sports? Computers? Volunteering? There are probably jobs out there if you look. You might have to start at the bottom but you probably won't feel like you're wasting time if you're working on something you really like to do.

Not everyone will be a doctor, lawyer or professional athlete, scientist, etc. Maybe your standards are too high so they seem unreachable and so you never get started. That's my problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back