Archived Ethics Training .... Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy reading about fire aisles in other stores. There was maybe one day where ours got kinda bad (like 3 carts/flats along the left wall, with probably 70% unblocked and a clear path to the door). But on most days it's just technical violations, like someone leaving their uboat outside the bathroom while they drop a deuce, etc.

I can't imagine being in a management position and allowing that to happen. I know "cameras to coach" is kind of a weird thing with Target, but for safety issues like that, I know I would at least be looking for the offenders and talking to them off the record if nothing else.
I believe if something happened that causes a safety issue it can be reviewed on camera and coached. Just like if you were to walk away from a spills and a guest fell, after reviewing video they would see you walking away not guarding the spill. You would probably go right to a CA

can't believe your guys' AP team is just cool with the fire aisles being blocked

our APTL made it a priority and suddenly it's clear at all times

can't believe your guys' AP team is just cool with the fire aisles being blocked

I'm just the peon who has to fight it day in day out to get to the fixture room. I don't control anything else. Management team all sees it.

Forgive me, I'm just a cashier LOL. I've been reading about this fire aisle. What is it?

We read the thing in a "huddle" and did the quiz as a group. We got to the question about the fire aisle, and I said, "It can only be blocked during Q4", which made our TPS laugh super hard, and then he was like, "But really, though..."

The fire aisle is hallways in the back that have doors leading to the outside, in case of, you know, fire.

During the spill question, I also said, "Turn around, don't drown!"

Forgive me, I'm just a cashier LOL. I've been reading about this fire aisle. What is it?

We call it the fire tunnel. There are at we have two at my store. Both are consistently blocked by product or fixtures. There are even placards on the walls stating not to block them.

I just love (not) how there's a fire door on the sales floor that is fluctuates from half to mostly blocked. Fixtures on both sides are only about 3-4 feet across the whole length of the aisle and there are often fixtures right in front of one of the doors. I wonder how Target is allowed to do that since the public can see it.

We don't have time to worry about safety, we're a ~3% loss store, we can only focus on theft. ETL Log can own that area, we don't have time.

Our store printed it out and didn’t circle the answer I asked 3 TL what the correct answer was for a second job and none knew. Two of them seemed logical and one seemed like something spot would say- we won’t give you hours but you sure as h*** can’t work anywhere else. Also, our fire tunnel was 80% blocked most of Christmas. Always blocked by something even now, the day we had a visit was the only day anyone cared. STL, ETL, APTL etc all walk by it everyday and say nothing.

We don't have time to worry about safety, we're a ~3% loss store, we can only focus on theft. ETL Log can own that area, we don't have time.
Jesus Christ. I thought the year we were like 1.8% was bad.

It was mostly process issues.

Jesus Christ. I thought the year we were like 1.8% was bad.

It was mostly process issues.
Our old ETL AP was shit, we’ve lowered it by a lot since then, but it takes time to create a strong AP a culture and kick out all the shitty boosters we’re getting

How long it takes to get it done? I didn’t get time to do that till now . We just got one computer for training as of now. Another one just sits there dead for such a long time 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄

Yeah, my "ethics" training was a joke too. The training was printed and the answers were circled for us. I'm a front end team member so I haven't really seen if the fire aisle/tunnel is blocked or not in my store, and if it is, how frequently it is blocked.

Yeah, my "ethics" training was a joke too. The training was printed and the answers were circled for us. I'm a front end team member so I haven't really seen if the fire aisle/tunnel is blocked or not in my store, and if it is, how frequently it is blocked.
The part that got me was when it stated you need permission to start a business while working at Target, like ok....

We don't tend to do any of the training on our store except the once-per-year food handling/safety training they make us do for the front end. So no. I'm sure it's pretty lulzy to read if the comments are any indication.

The part that got me was when it stated you need permission to start a business while working at Target, like ok....
You might want to review all the paperwork you filled out at orientation. A lot of companies do have a clause about you needing permission to take a second job, I wouldn't be surprised if Target had that. I do remember there was a document, I read it carefully, that gives Target the copyright for anything you create, even off the clock, even if not for Target, there was no limitation on time or purpose. And all these documents are legally binding if you signed it.

You might want to review all the paperwork you filled out at orientation. A lot of companies do have a clause about you needing permission to take a second job, I wouldn't be surprised if Target had that. I do remember there was a document, I read it carefully, that gives Target the copyright for anything you create, even off the clock, even if not for Target, there was no limitation on time or purpose. And all these documents are legally binding if you signed it.
So if I started a blog completely unrelated to work while working there, they can claim rights to it? I understand that all new hires sign those papers, but I really don't think it should be their business if someone starts a (legal) side job or wants to start a (legal) side business, especially with the hours they want to give out...
But hey, those are corporations for ya

I remember the copyright one because I had a second retail job when I joined Target and my job duties there were to create examples of hobby art.

I worked at a place where the employment documents forbade a second job and forbade making any money at all elsewhere while using vacation days. And my husband works specialty retail, his has a clause limiting me and my daughter from working for his competitors. All businesses want to clamp down hard on potential conflict of interest so that you stay at their beck and call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back