Archived Ethics Training .... Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else take the Ethics Training on the computer? What a joke.

First, Brian gets on there and yammers about how ethics is our business. Really Brian?

Two things about it I'll mention.

1. If the decision you are about to make became public, would it be viewed positively? Um, let's see. Target denies people benefits by purposely keeping them part time. Target pushes people out for a variety of reasons not related to their work. Oh yes, all unprovable. Nothing is said about .... if it saves money.

2. The fire tunnel. I laughed out loud. Our fire tunnel was blocked except for a two foot walkway. Apparently, I'm supposed to email, call, or write someone about this. And it was the first question on the quiz. Such a joke.

It's actually repulsive to know it's all for show. "We have ethic's training."

My store has a total of 5 computers in the whole store outside of stl/etl offices
2 for hr
1 in receiving
2 for the TLs to share
So alot of the computer training is skipped unless its mandatory to do

Anyone else take the Ethics Training on the computer? What a joke.

First, Brian gets on there and yammers about how ethics is our business. Really Brian?

Two things about it I'll mention.

1. If the decision you are about to make became public, would it be viewed positively? Um, let's see. Target denies people benefits by purposely keeping them part time. Target pushes people out for a variety of reasons not related to their work. Oh yes, all unprovable. Nothing is said about .... if it saves money.

2. The fire tunnel. I laughed out loud. Our fire tunnel was blocked except for a two foot walkway. Apparently, I'm supposed to email, call, or write someone about this. And it was the first question on the quiz. Such a joke.

It's actually repulsive to know it's all for show. "We have ethic's training."

That fire tunnel question tells you they know its blocked in most stores and are covering their ass when people are killed by saying we had a channel employees could report, so its their own fault they got hurt. That is all that question is - Covering their own ass, they are not going to do anything about it.

That fire tunnel question tells you they know its blocked in most stores and are covering their ass when people are killed by saying we had a channel employees could report, so its their own fault they got hurt. That is all that question is - Covering their own ass, they are not going to do anything about it.

Unless those people killed are customers. And kids. I guess Brian doesn't care about dead kids.

I guess ASANTS there. Do they do that with other trainings as well?
First time I've seen it for something that has a quiz, yeah. It's almost certainly not allowed, but it matters about as much as this silly quiz does. I loved the question that had answers that were essentially:
A: yes
B: maybe
C: no
D: all of the above

That and the one that encouraged team members to call the hotline if they were unsure about something, but failed to specify anything at all.

I've been in 2 stores and never had fire tunnel issues, fix your shit, dawg.

My last store, way back we would hand out surveys to random team members. A number of times when I got it I marked down pallets infront of electrical doors.

I didn't get many more of those.

They didn’t even print anything for us, we just wrote our tm number and signed on some piece of paper and we were done haha

I've been in 2 stores and never had fire tunnel issues, fix your shit, dawg.

My last store, way back we would hand out surveys to random team members. A number of times when I got it I marked down pallets infront of electrical doors.

I didn't get many more of those.

It wasn't an issue until q3 last year. Since then, it's been mostly blocked. The dtl and business partners have all seen it.

It's crazy reading about fire aisles in other stores. There was maybe one day where ours got kinda bad (like 3 carts/flats along the left wall, with probably 70% unblocked and a clear path to the door). But on most days it's just technical violations, like someone leaving their uboat outside the bathroom while they drop a deuce, etc.

I can't imagine being in a management position and allowing that to happen. I know "cameras to coach" is kind of a weird thing with Target, but for safety issues like that, I know I would at least be looking for the offenders and talking to them off the record if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back