Archived ETL and TL turnover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah!!! I am a "lowly" tm and I would never speak as rudely and condescendingly to
anyone; bp , ca or guest like some of the bigwigs on this thread.

Last edited:
We lost 2 ETLs, an STL, and a DTL around the same time. Another ETL not too long before that. We lost one Sr TL before that. SB TL has had a high turnover rate.

Had a Sr. TL promoted to ETL and went to another store.
2 ETL's (HR & AP) transferred to other stores.
2 GSTLs left.
1 BR TL left.

This in about 8 months.

What's ETL-Operations

Its an ETL over Instocks, Pricing, Backroom Day, and Receiving. They are gained once a store has an overnight process due to the ETL-LOG not being present during the day anymore to oversee those processes.

Its an ETL over Instocks, Pricing, Backroom Day, and Receiving. They are gained once a store has an overnight process due to the ETL-LOG not being present during the day anymore to oversee those processes.

Interesting.

There's a store in my district that does a million less than mine did last year. Everything about the stores is basically the same. pFresh, Pharmacy, etc. Only difference is that one is built into a mall, and mine is not.

Any idea why they get overnight and we don't?

Interesting.

There's a store in my district that does a million less than mine did last year. Everything about the stores is basically the same. pFresh, Pharmacy, etc. Only difference is that one is built into a mall, and mine is not.

Any idea why they get overnight and we don't?

Well, it might be a combination of risk level (high risk stores are "safer" as overnight since the flow team isn't work during store operating hours) or it could be based on their GM sales. Just because your overall sales are similar doesn't mean the breakdown is. If your Rx and Food is busier than theirs and makes up a larger portion of your sales, those go into a different volume category. Food probably doesn't affect it much for Pfresh (Supers are broken down into F1-F4 on JUST those sales, and get leaders based on food sales, not overall store), so I would guess Rx?

Every ETL should change positions every 18 months. If you're in a metro, it's possible they will move stores to change positions.

They can run the place while the STL is out of the store.. Well the ETL Ops we have does, he's got like 10 years with spot and knows how to kick ass and get a store to run.. When he goes my notice will not be far behind.. Cause besides him we have one other that has a clue, the rest are green straight out of school or just useless.. And I am on my 5th STL in six years.. 1. Not sure what happened, 2. transfer to another store, 3. Fired 4. Left for better job, signed off for DTL, didn't want the travel - quit. 5. Newbie from outside retail been with spot less than six months.. We are her first store High Volume just under a Super...

What could go wrong?

They can run the place while the STL is out of the store.. Well the ETL Ops we have does, he's got like 10 years with spot and knows how to kick ass and get a store to run.. When he goes my notice will not be far behind.. Cause besides him we have one other that has a clue, the rest are green straight out of school or just useless.. And I am on my 5th STL in six years.. 1. Not sure what happened, 2. transfer to another store, 3. Fired 4. Left for better job, signed off for DTL, didn't want the travel - quit. 5. Newbie from outside retail been with spot less than six months.. We are her first store High Volume just under a Super...

What could go wrong?

The position itself does not necessarily determine who is in charge without the STL. That ETL who is currently Operations in your building could get transferred to HR, and he would still likely be the guy in charge if the STL is not there. Its based on the PG/experience/proximity to promotion more than anything.

The position itself does not necessarily determine who is in charge without the STL. That ETL who is currently Operations in your building could get transferred to HR, and he would still likely be the guy in charge if the STL is not there. Its based on the PG/experience/proximity to promotion more than anything.

True but he actually does it unlike some of the other ETLs who were given that responsibility while the STL was gone.. Others just tell you "Sorry that has to wait until STL comes back." Or they just hide in the office ordering food.. Its a drastic difference.. Very drastic..

My sad of the day, having to show our Newb ETLHR how to read a box for a DCPI.. Yeah.. o_O

Well, it might be a combination of risk level (high risk stores are "safer" as overnight since the flow team isn't work during store operating hours) or it could be based on their GM sales. Just because your overall sales are similar doesn't mean the breakdown is. If your Rx and Food is busier than theirs and makes up a larger portion of your sales, those go into a different volume category. Food probably doesn't affect it much for Pfresh (Supers are broken down into F1-F4 on JUST those sales, and get leaders based on food sales, not overall store), so I would guess Rx?

I know for sure they're a higher risk.

We've had the same STL and 2 ETLs for five years. One of those ETLs has been here for 7. Many other ETLs have come and gone, but I suspect that those main 3 leaders are around still because the DTL believes they are running a good ship. And, the STL can negotiate who stays or goes. Team Leads have been around for just as long; it's well known that no one gets promoted to TL unless one of them literally dies off, or the TL crisis of 2013 happens again when heads rolled.

What's ETL-Operations

We never had an ETL-Ops until AE14, and we've been overnight longer than I've been with the store. Prior to AE14, we had an ETL-Replenishment (O/N) and a second ETL-Hardlines.

We've had the same STL and 2 ETLs for five years. One of those ETLs has been here for 7. Many other ETLs have come and gone, but I suspect that those main 3 leaders are around still because the DTL believes they are running a good ship. And, the STL can negotiate who stays or goes. Team Leads have been around for just as long; it's well known that no one gets promoted to TL unless one of them literally dies off, or the TL crisis of 2013 happens again when heads rolled.

Oh, do tell. Whst was the TL crisis of 2013? I know our GSTL was not happy to be moved from her previous department to the front end.

We never had an ETL-Ops until AE14, and we've been overnight longer than I've been with the store. Prior to AE14, we had an ETL-Replenishment (O/N) and a second ETL-Hardlines.

Yes, it was a recent change. O/N stores used to get 2 ETLs for O/N, but it was reduced to 1... They also used to always have 2 ETL-Foods but reduced those down to 1 for lower food volumes. They then added an ETL-Ops (SF Ops technically) to all O/N stores to balance some of the reductions out (since ETL-Log started picking up PMT, Presentation etc)

Haven't been on in a while, but saw this thread while at work and had to respond! In the last three months we have had our APTL leave, ETL-LOG fired, PPTL fired, ETL-HR transfer to another state (she planned this for the last year, no suprise; happy for her), and finally our BRTL leave. We have so much fresh-out-of-college new blood it is ridiculous. I didnt see eye-to-eye with our new ETL-LOG and had gotten so many BS coachings that I called the Integrity Hotline and guess what! He was gone less than a week later..... because he accepted a job somewhere else.... but he still left!

It is so frustrating having unknowledge management, our old team was so great. I actually trained my TL on how to read an adjacency and how to pull a batch. He comes to me asking questions all the time.....nice guy but it just bothers me why I couldnt have been promoted

Any ways, sorry about the rant.... My store and one other store in my district (that i know of) have experienced recent TL and ETL turmoil i asked some of the lifers if they had seen anything like it, and no one had. Has me worried about spot's future. Luckily, I graduate in one semester so i just have to stick it out for another few months

An Update 07/18/15: Our new APTL, who was an internal hire from another district, was arrested early this morning. Found out while doing shopping on my off day. Keeps getting better and better

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back