Archived ETL Background Checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was about thinking applying for an ETL position, but I got a misdemeanor for wreck-less driving in College.. What does the background checks consist of for ETL positions at Target? Would something like this hold me back? Also how do they verify education backgrounds? Thanks!

How long ago was this? I ask because the longer ago it was the less they'll care about something "minor*". I don't think I should hurt much if it's your only offense, especially since driving is not part of your job description.

*I'm not saying reckless driving is a minor offense, all offenses should be taken seriously. But when compared to crimes such as assault or 5 DUIs, this is a minor mark on your record.

Last edited:
I don't think they'd look at that. I don't know about target specifically, but many places (housing, other companies, etc) overlook traffic violations because they're just that. Traffic violations. They're incredibly common.

Unless you ran someone over, you're probably in the clear haha.

For an ETL position, they will look at education verification in your background check. Of course, if you have equivalent experience, it helps, but if you were to lie about your education on your resume, they will most likely disqualify you from the process. To put that into perspective, every University/College has employees whose job is to verify education all day.

If you went to post-secondary but didn't finish a diploma/degree, the best thing to do is to write "Undergraduate Studies in ..." and a list of courses you took that may be relevant to that job. You're honest if you do that and the HR department will see that you at least got over the hurdle of being admitted into post-secondary and spent time studying.

I'm up for an internal promotion from TL to ETL, I had to apply online again for the position, no ehr. Will they do another background check/drug screen for me prior to me accepting the offer given I pass the interviews?

Okay thanks!! Good to know, how about for education background checks?

I think it's safe to say since you can't even spell "reckless" correctly, along with your sudden concerns about them verifying your education, you don't have a 4 year degree.

FYI - I know they don't (always anyway) verify education. In my years with Target, I have seen two ETL's termed because it later came out they didn't actually have a degree. One of them many years after he had been hired.

There have been other ETL's that I strongly suspected (with good reason from things I found out about them over time) didn't actually have degrees. They never screwed up enough to hang themselves on it though.

So yea, you might be able to get away with it... just be aware the day you are found out, it's an instant termination for you.

I think it's safe to say since you can't even spell "reckless" correctly, along with your sudden concerns about them verifying your education, you don't have a 4 year degree.

FYI - I know they don't (always anyway) verify education. In my years with Target, I have seen two ETL's termed because it later came out they didn't actually have a degree. One of them many years after he had been hired.

There have been other ETL's that I strongly suspected (with good reason from things I found out about them over time) didn't actually have degrees. They never screwed up enough to hang themselves on it though.

So yea, you might be able to get away with it... just be aware the day you are found out, it's an instant termination for you.

When I received my ETL job offer when my internship was up, I was told that I need would to forward a certified copy of my transcript to the group office for verification...

When I received my ETL job offer when my internship was up, I was told that I need would to forward a certified copy of my transcript to the group office for verification...

<sigh>

I suppose that transcript didn't include a class in reading comprehension?

Like I said, they don't ALWAYS verify education. Not all districts in the company require an official transcript... they actually take peoples word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back