Archived ETL Hopeful questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have an interview at Target for the Executive Team Leader position. I recently graduated from college. I was wondering if anyone has been through the interview process for etl recently. I was also wondering what the salary range for this position was.

salary depends on your market somewhat. The last I heard was that starting salary is in the low to mid 40s,right around 44-45k. Assets Protection pay is generally higher. I believe it's in the neighborhood of 47-48k.

Hi! I have an interview at Target for the Executive Team Leader position. I recently graduated from college. I was wondering if anyone has been through the interview process for etl recently. I was also wondering what the salary range for this position was.

What did you graduate with?

I just agreed to an ETL-AP offer in a very big market for 54k about a month ago. I'm currently in target business college and was an internal higher.

In our market (DMV), recent grads are $50K-$55K. ETL-Replen or ETL-Log are higher, $55K - $60K plus bonus if overnight. But remember this is for 50+hours a week, sometimes even higher like 60-70+ hours depending on how bad your store is. BTS and 4th quarter (Black Friday -Christmas) suck. 50K is a lot less at Target than a job that is 40 hours a week, weekends/holidays off with the same salary. Stay on your parents insurance if you have it/can. Target insurance was expensive and crappy! Good Luck!

Was the assessment test really hard?
I almost forgot what that was. If I remember correctly it's a standard personality test.

Was it hard? That's what she said - Michael Scott --- No, the test was not hard.

Last edited:
Was the assessment test really hard?
I almost forgot what that was. If I remember correctly it's a standard personality test.

Was it hard? That's what she said - Michael Scott --- No, the test was not hard.

Just remember the personality tests aren't really that great at filtering people but if you over think them they will mess you up.
Have you ever taken something from someone when you shouldn't have?
Well of course, I've snagged candy from my brothers, drank booze out of my parents liquor cabinet.
Just say no.
As long as you haven't stuck up a bodega or stole the crown jewels you're fine.

I was offered a team leader position. How long would it take me to move from a tl to etl if I take the team lead position?

I was offered a team leader position. How long would it take me to move from a tl to etl if I take the team lead position?

Uh, like forever.

Seriously if you qualify for the ETL position the TL is a huge step down.
Unless you can get in writing that you will be promoted in a certain amount of time, I'd look somewhere else.

Who did you interview with? STL? Was it at a store? Did you prepare for the STAR style questions? At my store TL to ETL, from 3 years to never. You are looking at 18 months TL and another 18 months Sr.TL before going on to ETL interviews. Can it go quicker? Yes, but I've experienced that it's easier to come in as an ETL than work your way up.

Uh, like forever.

Unless you can get in writing that you will be promoted in a certain amount of time, I'd look somewhere else.
Would they ever put that in writing? (That you can move to ETL in a certain time period).

@OP, the other posters are correct. If you really want ETL don't take TL now. It takes forever to get promoted to ETL.

I took TL when I interviewed for ETL and it's been 2 years and I'm not sure when that ETL position will ever come.

Uh, like forever.

Would they ever put that in writing? (That you can move to ETL in a certain time period).

@OP, the other posters are correct. If you really want ETL don't take TL now. It takes forever to get promoted to ETL.

I took TL when I interviewed for ETL and it's been 2 years and I'm not sure when that ETL position will ever come.

Probably not but by asking you establish the parameters by which you will accept the offer.
If they don't want you with those conditions than it's their lose.
The offer was an insult in the first place.
No reflection on you but if they want quality people they wouldn't low ball the ones that don't fit their profile.

Uh, like forever.

Probably not but by asking you establish the parameters by which you will accept the offer.
If they don't want you with those conditions than it's their lose.
The offer was an insult in the first place.
No reflection on you but if they want quality people they wouldn't low ball the ones that don't fit their profile.

What's even more frustrating is seeing new ETLs train and they are really young (looking/sounding and have no real life work experience) or seeing SrTLs promote to ETL when you know that you are already a better TL than they ever were.

Moral of the story, if you want to be in a salaried retail management role and target won't hire you for it right now, find another place that will value what you can bring to them.

@salesfloor10 I am in the same boat as ETLhopeful. I was offered a tl position as well. How much do you get paid as a tl? I was also wondering what other places I should/could apply to.

@blacknred I saw that you mentioned you were an internal hire. I was wondering if you were a tl or team member before you became an etl? If so how long did you hold your position?

Offering a TL position at an ETL interview is an insult. If you aren't ETL material at the interview then what makes you think they'll change their mind anytime soon?

We offered TL because we felt they weren't ETL level but could at least be a TL, with no plans of moving them up anytime within a reasonable timeframe. Go get your MS or find a non retail job.

Offering a TL position at an ETL interview is an insult. If you aren't ETL material at the interview then what makes you think they'll change their mind anytime soon?

We offered TL because we felt they weren't ETL level but could at least be a TL, with no plans of moving them up anytime within a reasonable timeframe. Go get your MS or find a non retail job.

QFT

In our market (DMV), recent grads are $50K-$55K. ETL-Replen or ETL-Log are higher, $55K - $60K plus bonus if overnight. But remember this is for 50+hours a week, sometimes even higher like 60-70+ hours depending on how bad your store is. BTS and 4th quarter (Black Friday -Christmas) suck. 50K is a lot less at Target than a job that is 40 hours a week, weekends/holidays off with the same salary. Stay on your parents insurance if you have it/can. Target insurance was expensive and crappy! Good Luck!

I know a little about the process, I'm on what is known as an ETL-bench or a plan to become an ETL. Just prepare for panel interviews, prepare all your stories by SITUATION/ BEHAVIOR/ OUTCOME that is the key to nail all interview questions at Target. The DTL in the Target you applied makes the final decision if you are ETL material.

As far as salary, one of the ETLs in my store is an ETL pay grade 9, he gets around 1600 bi-weekly so around 3200 a month, he allowed me to see his pay stub this one time.

The other ETL accidentally left her pay stub behind the grid and it was opened, and she was getting 2200 bi-weekly=4400 a month. So the salary is livable income, not like 9 dollars an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back