Archived ETL LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am new here and was just curious on a few things.
Last summer I was an ETL LOG intern (out of 50 interns i was the only one doing LOG, which i felt was strange) by the end of the summer they offered me a job and I accepted the salary of 53k.
One year later: Today they just told me my assignment will be ETL logisitcs, I am in a busy area too. Here are my three questions.
1) how often do they put fresh out of college kids into logistics ? Seems a bit strange
2) do all ETL LOG work either overnight or at 4AM?
3) do you think they will raise my salary or will i be making the same as my other intern friends who have the nice life on the salesfloor? Lol

Any answers are appreciated and thank you!

Being in log is a good thing. But, you will have no night life & stuck in it for 2 years if you want to be promoted to a higher position. Can lead to big ops outside of spot.
1. Depends on the district
2. Always o/n or 4am(earlier in 4th qtr)
3. Ask for it.

1) how often do they put fresh out of college kids into logistics ? Seems a bit strange

Usually, brand new ETLs are assigned to GE or sales floor (or occasionally HR or AP) and LOG and OPS are usually second assignments, but it varies by district.

It depends on the store volume. In a high volume store, you'd be working overnight, but in a lower volume store, your team's process would likely begin at 4AM or 6AM (and of course you'd have to be there early to get things set up and let everyone into the building).

3) do you think they will raise my salary or will i be making the same as my other intern friends who have the nice life on the salesfloor? Lol

You've already accepted your starting salary, but there will be opportunities for a raise later on.

Hello, I am new here and was just curious on a few things.
Last summer I was an ETL LOG intern (out of 50 interns i was the only one doing LOG, which i felt was strange) by the end of the summer they offered me a job and I accepted the salary of 53k.
One year later: Today they just told me my assignment will be ETL logisitcs, I am in a busy area too. Here are my three questions.

Any answers are appreciated and thank you!

1.) I've only seen this happen once before. ETL Replenishment happens more often though.
2.) No...there are 6am process stores as well (which suck!!!)
3.) If you've accepted the salary, you're most likely stuck with it. But after a year, you can get a pay grade promotion (5-10k bump). They did give you the lower end salary for a LOG though.

22.o8 per hour.

Moar orrrrr less...

Congratulations on getting LOG, it is definetly the hardest ETL role though. You will either be O/N, 4am, 6am, or if your store is ULV 730am. 4am and O/N is the best, but you can make 6am work. The stores in Florida have the best 6am process I've seen so reach out if you get stuck as 6am. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back