Archived ETL rejection email

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through 3 interviews for an ETL position. I interviewed in this order (SL, DTL, SL) I am making $21/hr currently & thought I did great in all my interviews and had retail experience to become an ETL.
Anyway, I didn’t receive a typical rejection email like I’ve been reading about. I received this from an “executive recruiter”. Does this happen often? Should I ask for feedback?
My job submission still reads “under consideration”

Email read like this:

“I wanted to let you know that our team decided to move forward with another candidate for the role you recently interviewed with us for. “

You didn’t get the job. Just move on. It was annoying when I was HR and people asked why they didn’t get the job as if they could just walk into any interview ever and be handed a job. If you didn’t clear your interview or they picked someone else just move on.

I get ETLs get paid $55k because of the whole college degree but seriously if Target saw I still live paycheck to paycheck on $16 an hour; they would be ashamed. Matter in fact if my STL knew my power regularly gets shut off then they understand why I'm pissed all the other Tls are seniors but me. Yes- I know the position is going away and everyone is LOD but same pay to do same work is stupid.

I get ETLs get paid $55k because of the whole college degree but seriously if Target saw I still live paycheck to paycheck on $16 an hour; they would be ashamed. Matter in fact if my STL knew my power regularly gets shut off then they understand why I'm pissed all the other Tls are seniors but me. Yes- I know the position is going away and everyone is LOD but same pay to do same work is stupid.
Unfortunately target definitely knows, and doesnt care at all. Your STL may be a different story.

You live paycheck to paycheck, and probably don’t have time to think about other career options. They have you hooked. The only way you can think about improving your financial situation would be if had time to stop and think about your options. Its a brutal cycle, and I don’t wish it on my worst enemy.

55k isn’t that much.... it’s only 21 an hour. I make more than that as a senior. If I go for ETL they’ll need to pay me at least 70k to not be a slap in the face.

You didn’t get the job. Just move on. It was annoying when I was HR and people asked why they didn’t get the job as if they could just walk into any interview ever and be handed a job. If you didn’t clear your interview or they picked someone else just move on.

Most people asking that question are looking for productive feedback that could help them personally develop or find a suitable job, not feeling like they should have been "handed" the job.
A lot of places actually take the time to give interview feedback to qualified candidates, and Target refuses simply to avoid PR or lawsuits, because they know the people doing the job probably aren't trained well enough in a lot of cases.

It frustrates the hell out of me every time a kid comes into our store desperate for a first job, who likely would have gotten it if anyone in their life had given them a little feedback, and I'm not allowed to say anything to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back