Archived ETL- what's next after the 4th interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have been reading many discussions on here about the process of the ETL interview and it has been helpful in preparation for my own interviews. All of the questions in my interviews were behavioral based questions like you all mentioned. I am a current college senior and have been interested in the ETL position for some time now. I met campus recruiters last spring at a career fair and when the application opened this fall, I applied. I remembered the recruiter I met with from last spring and I even recognized my first interviewer from the career fair.

Two weeks ago I had my 1st ETL interview on campus and it went really well, so well in fact that I was asked if I had time to do a 2nd interview right after my 1st one ended. I said yes and I had my 2nd interview with a store manager. She told me I did really well and would pass me along to be interview by the District Team Lead in my area. Last week I had my 3rd interview with the District Team Lead and it was longer than my first two interviews. He gave valuable feedback and told me he liked my leadership skills and would pass me on to my 4th interview. I had my 4th interview today with the Group Vice President and it was a phone interview.

I expected my 4th interview to be as long as the other three interviews but it was surprisingly short. He only asked me three questions and then asked if I had any other questions for him. I asked if I were to be offered the position, how would I find out more information about training and hours (I already know BC is six weeks). He said a time would be set up and all of that information would be given then and its a thorough process that they walk you through. I thanked him for answering my question and he said if that was all then it was good getting to know me and to have a good Thanksgiving week.

I feel a little confused because from what I have read, it seems most people were either offered the job or not by their 4th interview? Am I doomed? I don't know what to expect after this, especially since it seems the interview was short and he did not mention when they would be in touch with me to let me know about anything else.

I would really appreciated all and any advice you all have to give! Thank you.

Usually you end up getting a call from an STL later about your offer. They might be doing a lot of interviews for fewer spots. Who knows?

Yeah I suppose. I know I will eventually hear back from them, within a week hopefully, based on how quickly they have contacted me to set up the rest of my interviews.

Thanks sigma

Whenever I interview and an interviewer asks if I have any questions. I usually ask them what that like most about the company.

If someone asks me where do I see myself in 5 years, I say not here. Not working in this enviorment and not working for you. Then I excuse myself from the interview.

When I interviewed with hr at target, she was a very nice girl. she seemed like she was going to ask me that question. I said to her. Please don't ask me where I want to be in 5 years. She quickly said. Oh no no I wasn't going to say that. I think she was lying. She hired me right then. ☺️

No. I was telling you what I do and say. No job is so important to me that I have to mold to what someone wants me to say.

I have walked away from jobs for things that irk me, but I'm not looking at start of a career.

Oh wait, I have always walked away from jobs when I have felt irked.

At the group level, you've basically already nailed the interview and it's just a "get to know you" interview. At that point the previous 3 interviewers should have let the group leader know that you're doing really well and are a solid candidate. They're not going to waste the their bosses bosses bosses boss with somebody who has been bombing, ya know?

Sounds like you did fine and you'll probably get notified after the thanksgiving holidays. I'd expect something around Dec Week 1

Basically it all has been said.
After my 4th interview I received a call from the original talent acquisition team member who talked to me first 2 days later offering me the job.

Thank you everyone, I was contacted by Target the next day after the phone interview and received a job offer and today I was given more details of the job offer.

Consider the offer carefully, look at it long term. You may be working all holidays & 50 plus hours a week with no staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back