Archived ETL'S and TL's thoughts.. Perceptive Interview ques..

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnage286

Instocks Slave
Hey everyone, So I wanted to see your thoughts from a TL and ETL or even a TM..

Today we had a bunch of interviews since alot of the work centers need to replace recent losses. The one ETL did a followup on this one girl that his TL for the area had already gave him a "No" and he wasn't sure himself. I was in the STL office and they were in the office across the hall.

So the Sr.ETL goes to him and says basically if you aren't sure and you are getting the No from your TL you need to trust your TL's decision. He then wanted someone else to do a quick review with her so he can get someone else's insight and the Sr.ETL said he wouldn't then they came into the office and asked me to do it. "I am NOT a TL" just to state that, but they do trust my opinion and ask me of it often on certain things..

After I spoke with her and read the questions, I like her personality target wise but her work ethic lacked.. I see why he kinda wasn't sure cause her Job experience was from a certain retail store but ethic wise was questionable..

I gave him the no and the Sr. said see..

My question to you guys is, have you had experiences like this where the ETL's are hard to trust the decisions of their TL's or have faith in you..

From a TM point of view I didn't appreciate the fact that he didn't followup with the TL about what his thoughts were and didn't take into consideration what he wrote down "Heard him say, yeah the TL wrote some good stuff down but idk still I mean it makes sense"

AND yes I know I am not suppose to do any type of interviews but if the Sr.ETL asked me to help and give my opinion I will def go ahead. Not like that girl from the old site that lied about her status of a GSA and saidd yeah Im GSTL... We all remember that!:eek:

My ETL sometimes asks to get my 'take' on TMs simply because I talk to everybody & get to know their background outside the store. My thoughts don't carry any weight (nor should it, I'm just a TM) but it's sometimes provided a different perspective.

If the TL does not recommend the applicant, there is not supposed to be a job offer. Granted, that could probably get overruled or changed by the TL if the STL got involved. They always have to do two interviews regardless of whether or not the applicant passed the first. It's policy.

We've had several instances in our store where 1st and 2nd interviewer have checked the not recommended box and then we see that applicant going through orientation a week later.

Its frustrating, especially since most of the time, that person doesn't work out.

We've had several instances in our store where 1st and 2nd interviewer have checked the not recommended box and then we see that applicant going through orientation a week later.

Its frustrating, especially since most of the time, that person doesn't work out.

Yeah that would be very frustrating.. From a TM's point of view I didn't think that the ETL wouldn't take his TL's recommendation on the applicant.. It really showed me how little "SOME" ETL's take any suggestions or judgement from their own TL's..

The Sr ETL told me after everything that he tries to get the newer ETL's to trust the judgement of their TL's in their areas, since they have been at it longer then they have.. Even though your a exec. you can still take advice and learn something from people lower then you.. Guess thats why he is so well liked and looked up to by everyone..

I get very mad when I say no but the second interview (with an ETL) says yes and then a job offer is had. Then that team member sucks, just as I suspected, and I am the one who has to do all the paperwork to manage them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back