Archived Ever hear of this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorurDreamcat

little Vibrator
so i had a NCNS a while back, and the other week my boss pulls me in and gives me a final for 3 lates and the NCNS. YESTERDAY he comes up to me and tells me I had another "Late" the day before. I argued that point with him because I walked up with another TM, AND my TL was the one who let me in!!! I'm starting to get a funny feeling someone is changing my time in the system... My boss came back later and said they must have "misread" yesterday because I wasn't late... because he remembered letting me in. Good!
BUT ... thinking back to the actual time of the write up/Final... he named off dates, but I didn't even wink (a close relative of mine had just passed away not long ago and I was/am in a bit of a daze about it and figured the dates were around that time and thought of it as normal... the could have taken that into perspective since it was a VERY Close relative, but whatever) and took it.
I take my son to daycare every morning during the week and drop him off at the same time every day, and then drive to work, which is just a couple miles down the street. NO way I was late three times that close together (i think the dates were within a two week time span)!!!
Yesterday when TL came over with the paper and was trying to get me again, I started thinking about it... and I STRONGLY believe that they changed my time in the system to make me LOOK late.... but I actually wasn't.
IF (and I have my ways already lined up) I find out it has been changed, what should I do? It would be illegal, not only because they (whoever did it) put my job in jeopardy, but also cost me money because of the time worked was shortened.
I have one or two people in mind that would be people of interest in doing such a backstabbing mean thing....

I highly doubt that they would change your time in the system because AP has cameras and can verify when you punch in at the time clock and what time you enter the building. It would be really stupid for an etl to change your times and think they can get away with it. A Ncns has nothing to do with attendance it is a seperate conduct issue. If you received previous coachings and correctives for attendance and have continued a pattern it will result in you being placed on a multiple final. I think you are leaving out some info.

I've been working for this company for close to 10 years now. :) I don't leave anything out, nor did I have any type of correctives or coachings for attendance (except for the ones mentioned above) in that time. Believe me! As it was worded to me... since you had that no call no show not too long ago, and with the combined coaching of being late 3 times, you are now on a final. The no call no show was probably 4 or more months ago.
However my question was: What should I do IF I find out that my time was changed in the system to make me appear late. ... our ETLS are pretty damn stupid on so many levels. In our Area we are now known as one of the worst stores. By other TMs NOT working at that store.
One of our ETLs fired one SRTL and another TL , exchanged money via handshake with another ETL as if they had a bet going on, just so he has now the doors open for an STL position. The SRTL was one of the most Target-Politically correct people you could find in our Company and poured his heart and soul into a company he believed in. They are a bunch of "below their 30's" high school kids that talk about make up and tanning and calories all day.
I would never even think about such accusations if there wasn't any thought put behind it, but when my TL came up to me and basically told me i was marked as LATE again, a bell went off in my head, actually it was more of a big loud GONG.

I'd start noting clock-in times.
Tedious, yeh, but not anything they'd expect you to do.
And I'd start challenging those "late" reports.

I'd start noting clock-in times.
Tedious, yeh, but not anything they'd expect you to do.
And I'd start challenging those "late" reports.

yep, i am starting to write my clock-in times down as of today, and I did start challenging that late report as of yesterday. :)

Eyes wide open, Cat.
Don't want you becoming a Spot casualty.

Eyes wide open, Cat.

awww that's so kind. IF I do, do I get a bottle of degreaser with a personalized message from you to take with me?? I would love that. LOL I am starting a second job on April 5th, if I like it, you never know ...

Meow, the cat's on the prowl :)

Last edited:
I was in a similar situation. I got a Counseling (couple days before I quit), for my Attendance and Performance lumped into one.

I noticed a lot of the days that said OUT EARLY were days that I was told I could go home early, etc. As well as a shift that someone else took instead of me (Absent), but they forgot to take me out of MAX. All they do is pull attendance from MAX, which is usually highly inaccurate because LOD's never change anything in the schedule. I was able to recall the dates mentally (fortunately) and they said they'd take those off, but didn't really change much.

I also recommend writing down the dates you work, the times you punch, and if they let you go home early, etc. and the person's name who clears you to do so.

Document everything, that way if they screw up and term you, you can sue them for unemployment.

If you truly have a legitimate claim for a leader falsifying a report, then it needs to be reported. Just be sure you are 100% correct and confident. This is defintely in the realm of unethical and should not be allowed. If you made a mistake, just live up to it and move on.

Eyes wide open, Cat.

awww that's so kind. IF I do, do I get a bottle of degreaser with a personalized message from you to take with me?? I would love that. LOL I am starting a second job on April 5th, if I like it, you never know ...

Meow, the cat's on the prowl :)
Filling the bottle, just in case ;)

Sort of off topic but we've had a couple TLs or ETLs ask TMs to voluntarily change shifts to better staff the floor or whatever the reason may be. Well they don't change it on the schedule, the LOD takes note that a certain TM should be there when there's been zero communication between everybody. I've been considered no-show 3 times in the past few months only to have it reversed because it wasn't my fault. Nonetheless its still frustrating.

Happened more than once at my store, too.
LOD is having a TM called only to find out that their shift was changed by another ETL & they didn't inform anybody of the changes.

Are people also having issues having their schedules changed at the last minute? Our schedule comes out two weeks in advance yet sometimes their shifts are changed 24-48 hours beforehand and HR/management does not tell the team member. For example we had a team member show up at 11am today. They said he was scheduled for 8am. He's been taking pictures of his schedule and apparently it was changed on Thursday. Management says it was and everybody's responsibility to check their schedules on a daily basis. What is the point of posting the schedule 2 weeks in advance if it is changing the day before your scheduled shift and they aren't calling or telling the person. It is unrealistic to expect everybody to check their schedule every single day. I can understand that slight changes need to be made once its posted. However if its been posted for 10 days and you need to make changes during the final days of the schedule then I believe the onus is on them to inform the affected team members.

If you truly have a legitimate claim for a leader falsifying a report, then it needs to be reported. Just be sure you are 100% correct and confident. This is defintely in the realm of unethical and should not be allowed. If you made a mistake, just live up to it and move on.

I have friends that stick with me too... I am having someone check into it for me, someone on the "inside". :eek:k:

I was going to suggest that you take a photo of the punch clock (time) when you punch in each day. Or you could go into MAX and do a print screen of your punches. I like kevins99 comment about taking a photo of your posted weekly schedule. Taking a photo copy or printing it from MAX would work also.

Are people also having issues having their schedules changed at the last minute? Our schedule comes out two weeks in advance yet sometimes their shifts are changed 24-48 hours beforehand and HR/management does not tell the team member. For example we had a team member show up at 11am today. They said he was scheduled for 8am. He's been taking pictures of his schedule and apparently it was changed on Thursday. Management says it was and everybody's responsibility to check their schedules on a daily basis. What is the point of posting the schedule 2 weeks in advance if it is changing the day before your scheduled shift and they aren't calling or telling the person. It is unrealistic to expect everybody to check their schedule every single day. I can understand that slight changes need to be made once its posted. However if its been posted for 10 days and you need to make changes during the final days of the schedule then I believe the onus is on them to inform the affected team members.

Your store management is wrong. Once your schedule is posted, that is final unless they first ask your permission. They cant hold you liable for shifts that arent posted, and they cant repost the schedule that is a nono.

If they fired you for this, theyd have to pay you unemployment since it wouldn't hold up in court.

If the posted sched is changed - and you've snapped a pic of it - look at the bottom of the page (lower right, I believe): it should show when it was printed along with the time of day. If that date/time is different from the rest of the pages, I'd def point THAT out, too.

Your store management is wrong. Once your schedule is posted, that is final unless they first ask your permission. They cant hold you liable for shifts that arent posted, and they cant repost the schedule that is a nono.

If they fired you for this, theyd have to pay you unemployment since it wouldn't hold up in court.

If they fire you and they were changing documents, my guess is that it would be worse then having to pay unemployment. There is a good chance that one of the leaders would be put on CCA or even fired (not good to falsify documents when you are exempt). In addition, you would probably have your employment re-instated.

I agree with some of the comments that you might just want to take a pic, or even just make a copy of the schedule until it blows over.

If you really think that they are falsifying documents you should go to your stl with the dates and the times that they said you were late and have them check the video of the times you entered the store and punched in. Any decent Stl would look into it because that could end up being a legal matter,not good for those involved!
I've been working for this company for close to 10 years now. :) I don't leave anything out, nor did I have any type of correctives or coachings for attendance (except for the ones mentioned above) in that time. Believe me! As it was worded to me... since you had that no call no show not too long ago, and with the combined coaching of being late 3 times, you are now on a final. The no call no show was probably 4 or more months ago.
However my question was: What should I do IF I find out that my time was changed in the system to make me appear late. ... our ETLS are pretty damn stupid on so many levels. In our Area we are now known as one of the worst stores. By other TMs NOT working at that store.
One of our ETLs fired one SRTL and another TL , exchanged money via handshake with another ETL as if they had a bet going on, just so he has now the doors open for an STL position. The SRTL was one of the most Target-Politically correct people you could find in our Company and poured his heart and soul into a company he believed in. They are a bunch of "below their 30's" high school kids that talk about make up and tanning and calories all day.
I would never even think about such accusations if there wasn't any thought put behind it, but when my TL came up to me and basically told me i was marked as LATE again, a bell went off in my head, actually it was more of a big loud GONG.

Always ask for the printed schedule and the punch time sheet when they throw late times at you. There were incidents at my stores where the the printed schedule was posted, then someone made a couple small tweaks only to a couple TMs. Then the store starts throwing the late or NCNS at you even though the printed schedule and the computer schedule are different.

I was supposedly a NCNS for around 10 dates in a 3 month period because the computer schedule was different from the posted schedule.

funny thing is... I had someone check the dates i was written up for, and I WAS NOT late, and ONE I left early because it was the day before I had to leave for the funeral. So there weren't three lates.... at all. This had to go through 1 ETL, 1 TL and the HR person, and not ONE of them checked that? Seriously? How many times have ppl been wrongfully termed for BS like that??? So now my HR said she'll have to "check" with my TL on those. ??? WHAT? she was the one that signed off on those, and the ETL was there today too.... HUH?

A few points:

1) Login to eHR, go to mypay, and select "view my schedule" or whatever the button on the bottom left is. This will show you all your punches for each day. Yes, I know it will reflect any changed punches but it is a start. Be visible, as in, ask some questions after printing it off to some key leaders to let them know that you are looking and tracking/printing your punches from eHR everyday after punching in and out. IT IS NOT WORKING OFF THE CLOCK TO ACCESS eHR!

2) Get your insider friend ( I am assuming SrTL or above or a HR TM with access) to check the days in question. Every time a change is made AFTER the end of the day, it is reflected. So if you punch out on time and someone changes your punches (which is final CA if not termination without a submitted/approved punch correction from your assigned ETL) it will say who did it. If someone changes your posted (not physically but in the system) schedule, it will be reflected too. There is an HR metric called "schedule edits" that tracks all edits at various times after a schedule is posted on Thursdays.

3) Cameras CANNOT be used to observe or use as evidence ANYTHING performance or conduct related. Period. I asked when I first became a TL to prove two TMs where (literally) screwing around on the clock and was handed AP's BP from the STL saying hells no. A year later, I had a CA for working off the clock and asked the new ETL-AP for video that would prove my ETL opened my car door and went into my vehicle to obtain the self review I was working on at home. He said nope but when I saw the CA in my ETL's office, it stated she had used the camera to prove I had printed off BP for writing a self review and taken it out of the building after clocking out. Integrity Hotline made sure that CA disappeared.

Saying that, I know our current STL uses the eye in the sky all the time to find performance issues. But he could never confess or write it up that way.

3) Your schedule can be changed without your prior approval. You should be contacted if it is between your last worked shift and the changed time. BUT, why would a leader change your shift without telling you? In our store, it happens all the time. Not for malicious reasons to screw with TMs but to trim payroll when TMs are late/early or there is a need to move hours from one pool of payroll to another ( small trucks all week and store is a wreck going into the weekend? Move some of the extra logistics hours from sending Flow Team home early to the Sales Floor and ask some SF TMs to stay a little later or call someone in early. Or add a few hours to an hourly leader to get them up to 40 hours for the week.) It all falls under that "I agree to work flexible hours and shift" thing when we were hired.

4) Change your availability to not available for a 15 minute block before and after your regular shift times. This will prevent those blocks from dropping when making the schedule and any schedule edits over non-availability will really light up HR's radar.

5) HR BP does say ALL schedule edits must be printed and posted immediately and with a cover sheet on that week's schedule stating there were changes. Unless you agreed before the schedule edit, they are supposed to post a notice.

6) If you are on final, it is time to contact HR/Hotline. You have to protect yourself. It's not even about keeping the job now but providing a paper trail down the road for post termination actions. LODs HAVE TO ENTER NCNS AND CALL OUTS INTO THE GUN WITHIN 2 HOURS (and if you ever do call out, you are not required to give any reason. LODs cannot ask for a reason but will put whatever you say into the system so be very careful to keep track of how many of your grandma's have died).

7) Attendance and meal compliance are VERY serious issues with Target because of what happened with Walmart a few years back. People get fired when Target has to pay out unemployment.

It sorta happened to me last week. They claimed I was a NCNS and I went huh? My HL TM said yes you were supposed to work yesterday and I said no I was supposed to work today and they said no you aren't on the schedule. Now I am a very careful person I right down my schedule double check it over and over again so I unless they changed it up on me I know I was right because it said 6-10 Wednesday and They claimed I was supposed to work 6-10 PM Tuesday and obviously it was a mark against me never had a NCNS. I asked the HL if I could work 6-10 Wednesday and they said no cutting hrs you know that and sent me home which really stunk for me since my boyfriend had the car so I had to take the bus home. I checked my calender at home it said 6-10 Wednesday so I will never know if it was my fault or if they switched it I guess from now on I need to take a photo on my cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back