Archived Ever hear of this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so coming to find out (SURPISE)... it was a mistake ... Oooooh really????!!!! well thank you! I bugged them every day if it was taken care of for 4 days straight and the HR finally told me it was taken care of and it was a "mistake".
I am still going to document everything when I punch in, what days I work and so on.

so coming to find out (SURPISE)... it was a mistake ... Oooooh really????!!!! well thank you! I bugged them every day if it was taken care of for 4 days straight and the HR finally told me it was taken care of and it was a "mistake".
I am still going to document everything when I punch in, what days I work and so on.

I'm always suspicious of 'mistakes' that work to Spots advantage.

Are people also having issues having their schedules changed at the last minute? Our schedule comes out two weeks in advance yet sometimes their shifts are changed 24-48 hours beforehand and HR/management does not tell the team member. For example we had a team member show up at 11am today. They said he was scheduled for 8am. He's been taking pictures of his schedule and apparently it was changed on Thursday. Management says it was and everybody's responsibility to check their schedules on a daily basis. What is the point of posting the schedule 2 weeks in advance if it is changing the day before your scheduled shift and they aren't calling or telling the person. It is unrealistic to expect everybody to check their schedule every single day. I can understand that slight changes need to be made once its posted. However if its been posted for 10 days and you need to make changes during the final days of the schedule then I believe the onus is on them to inform the affected team members.

That was what happened to me recently. I wrote down my schedule for next week (on a Saturday), it said that I was scheduled on a Sunday and when I showed up, they said I wasn't scheduled that day. I thought it was weird because I just checked yesterday and it said I was scheduled. I thought it must've been my fault like I must've misread or something. The next day (Monday), when I came into work, my LOD just now told me she changed my schedule.

Even though I had to just smile and say, "oh...ok." inside, I was so livid that these managers are so unorganized and don't even take into consideration of team members wasting so much of their time due to lack of management responsibilities. Management expect you to do everything perfect for them, but they don't give that expectation of running a professionalized work environment for their employees. I thought working for Target would be fun, but now I wished I would've taken that other offer working retail at the mall instead lol. I think I would've been paid more, too. :girl_sigh:

To be honest, if I got fired from Target, I would half celebrate.

Are people also having issues having their schedules changed at the last minute? Our schedule comes out two weeks in advance yet sometimes their shifts are changed 24-48 hours beforehand and HR/management does not tell the team member. For example we had a team member show up at 11am today. They said he was scheduled for 8am. He's been taking pictures of his schedule and apparently it was changed on Thursday. Management says it was and everybody's responsibility to check their schedules on a daily basis. What is the point of posting the schedule 2 weeks in advance if it is changing the day before your scheduled shift and they aren't calling or telling the person. It is unrealistic to expect everybody to check their schedule every single day. I can understand that slight changes need to be made once its posted. However if its been posted for 10 days and you need to make changes during the final days of the schedule then I believe the onus is on them to inform the affected team members.

That was what happened to me recently. I wrote down my schedule for next week (on a Saturday), it said that I was scheduled on a Sunday and when I showed up, they said I wasn't scheduled that day. I thought it was weird because I just checked yesterday and it said I was scheduled. I thought it must've been my fault like I must've misread or something. The next day (Monday), when I came into work, my LOD just now told me she changed my schedule.

Even though I had to just smile and say, "oh...ok." inside, I was so livid that these managers are so unorganized and don't even take into consideration of team members wasting so much of their time due to lack of management responsibilities. Management expect you to do everything perfect for them, but they don't give that expectation of running a professionalized work environment for their employees. I thought working for Target would be fun, but now I wished I would've taken that other offer working retail at the mall instead lol. I think I would've been paid more, too. :girl_sigh:

To be honest, if I got fired from Target, I would half celebrate.

Have you tried taking a picture of your schedule with your phone?
That way when they say you weren't scheduled to work you can show them that, yes indeed you were.

^^ I've started doing that. I didn't used to (paper schedule was, and still is, easier for me to use to transcribe my schedule onto my calender) but my shifts are very regular now and I really only need a photo verification copy for any slight changes, so I just take a picture now. I make sure I take it as soon as the schedule goes up and I make sure the entire page is visible so I always know that I'm looking at the correct week. I'm pretty sure no one at my store is out to get me but HR has and can screw up and I'd rather not deal with that. :p

so i had a NCNS a while back, and the other week my boss pulls me in and gives me a final for 3 lates and the NCNS. YESTERDAY he comes up to me and tells me I had another "Late" the day before. I argued that point with him because I walked up with another TM, AND my TL was the one who let me in!!! I'm starting to get a funny feeling someone is changing my time in the system... My boss came back later and said they must have "misread" yesterday because I wasn't late... because he remembered letting me in. Good!
BUT ... thinking back to the actual time of the write up/Final... he named off dates, but I didn't even wink (a close relative of mine had just passed away not long ago and I was/am in a bit of a daze about it and figured the dates were around that time and thought of it as normal... the could have taken that into perspective since it was a VERY Close relative, but whatever) and took it.
I take my son to daycare every morning during the week and drop him off at the same time every day, and then drive to work, which is just a couple miles down the street. NO way I was late three times that close together (i think the dates were within a two week time span)!!!
Yesterday when TL came over with the paper and was trying to get me again, I started thinking about it... and I STRONGLY believe that they changed my time in the system to make me LOOK late.... but I actually wasn't.
IF (and I have my ways already lined up) I find out it has been changed, what should I do? It would be illegal, not only because they (whoever did it) put my job in jeopardy, but also cost me money because of the time worked was shortened.
I have one or two people in mind that would be people of interest in doing such a backstabbing mean thing....

THEY TRIED TO DO IT TO ME AGAIN YESTERDAY! Again they tried telling me I was punching in late (.04) on three different occasions... so I went and printed out my schedule/Punches off EHR right away and NOPE no late punches ... WTF are they trying to do to me here?

THEY TRIED TO DO IT TO ME AGAIN YESTERDAY! Again they tried telling me I was punching in late (.04) on three different occasions... so I went and printed out my schedule/Punches off EHR right away and NOPE no late punches ... WTF are they trying to do to me here?

They're idiots who're trying to drill you out and have no imagination?
Watch your back.
They might actually come after you with something else.

so i had a NCNS a while back, and the other week my boss pulls me in and gives me a final for 3 lates and the NCNS. YESTERDAY he comes up to me and tells me I had another "Late" the day before. I argued that point with him because I walked up with another TM, AND my TL was the one who let me in!!! I'm starting to get a funny feeling someone is changing my time in the system... My boss came back later and said they must have "misread" yesterday because I wasn't late... because he remembered letting me in. Good!
BUT ... thinking back to the actual time of the write up/Final... he named off dates, but I didn't even wink (a close relative of mine had just passed away not long ago and I was/am in a bit of a daze about it and figured the dates were around that time and thought of it as normal... the could have taken that into perspective since it was a VERY Close relative, but whatever) and took it.
I take my son to daycare every morning during the week and drop him off at the same time every day, and then drive to work, which is just a couple miles down the street. NO way I was late three times that close together (i think the dates were within a two week time span)!!!
Yesterday when TL came over with the paper and was trying to get me again, I started thinking about it... and I STRONGLY believe that they changed my time in the system to make me LOOK late.... but I actually wasn't.
IF (and I have my ways already lined up) I find out it has been changed, what should I do? It would be illegal, not only because they (whoever did it) put my job in jeopardy, but also cost me money because of the time worked was shortened.
I have one or two people in mind that would be people of interest in doing such a backstabbing mean thing....

They're trying to get dirt on you to advance your CCA. Just track your punches and take a photo of the schedule on your phone... Don't rely on e-hr, if they're really shady I think they can make alterations...

If you want to just rub the situation in their face, and be spiteful for it. Write down your daily punches, make copies, and turn them into all the ETLs and your TL. Or clock in, search out the LOD or the TL and say 'I just wanted to say hello before being deemed late.'

Thanks to discontinued menu items, there's plenty of room for now.....:spiteful:

yesterday, they coached a woman that has been working for target for a looooong looooong time (she still HAD a hudsons card) for (supposedly) marking a box wrong............ seriously, they are out for blood.

oh, and i'm the ONLY one my TL is on flies like shit about punching IN on time for lunches, we have 4 other TMs and they all have been 2,4, 5 minutes late, but I'm the only one that has been talked to.... seriously? Sometimes they stand there waiting....

'Kay, normally I'd say paranoia but after all this.....yeh, methinks they're looking for somethin'.
Watch your back, Cat.

i should start announcing over the walkie... it is now 16:33 and I have punched out for lunch... and the same thing when I come back from lunch ... it is now 17:04 and I am back from my lunch. *winks* i will confuse them with military time so they have to use their fingers to count what 16 and 17 is.

BUT ... you see... this is totally sarcastic because then i will be talked to about being a smartass over the walkie. LOL

But you're just tryin' to liven things up a bit, that's all....;)

i should start announcing over the walkie... it is now 16:33 and I have punched out for lunch... and the same thing when I come back from lunch ... it is now 17:04 and I am back from my lunch. *winks* i will confuse them with military time so they have to use their fingers to count what 16 and 17 is.

BUT ... you see... this is totally sarcastic because then i will be talked to about being a smartass over the walkie. LOL

You might get talked to but you'd get your point across and they would know you were on to them.
I'd do it.
Our PTL did it after the STL started giving him dreck about the plano team not taking breaks on time.

Last edited:
Yes, use your walkie to tell people about your breaks & lunch....and when you first get your walkie for the day, let people know that you are in and when you leave tell people that you are leaving for the day. If they try to talk to you about it all you need to tell them is that "I'm just communicating with my fellow team members....because I know how important it is to let people know what is going on." There's not much that they could say to you with this sort of a reply....remember they're ALWAYS talking about how important it is to COMMUNICATE with others in the store. So, your answer will bite them in the butt! They'll probably leave you alone, at least for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back