Archived Ever Miss Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyCynide

Cosmetic Brand B*tch
On Sunday, I nearly passed out at work and ended up getting admitted to the hospital that night. I just got out last night, and I still can't stand or sit up without feeling lightheaded. Turns out my monthly panic attacks have evolved into a daily disorder. I could get a handicapped sticker if I wanted one.

But now that I've been off since then, I actually miss work. I just called in to tell them that I was going to be out for tomorrow and Saturday as well due to some bad side effects of the new medication, and I cried as soon as I hung up. Everyone has been so caring, and I've received more texts and phone calls from TMs and ETLs than ever before.

Anyone else ever really miss their store?

I had sadly lost a family member that lived out of state. I called my team leader and told her. She told me to take as long as I need. I was gone for a week and a half, had several calls and texts from close coworkers and etls/tl's. When I came back, I was welcomed back with hugs and well wishes. It was from that point that I knew I liked working at target. It was from that point I knew I wanted to become more than just a team member, and now I'm going through the process of becoming a team leader. I know some people have bad experiences with target, I have had a couple. But I am happy to work for such an amazing store.

I magically got 3 days off in a row. Do not miss it. The time I was sick and calling out for like 2 months, I missed the people and I felt terrible about all the people I was putting out. The hr ladies had to cover fitting room a few times and they aren't used to all that standing and one has back problems. I couldn't do anything about it, but I felt bad.

Also, I was suuuuper poor because I wasn't even up to going in to fill out a sick hour request sheet. So I missed money also.

Target sold us to CVS, so in ways I'm not thrilled with the company, but I miss the relationship with the Target team. We aren't removed yet, but since the announcement we don't get LOD check ins, we are left out of a lot of store information, we are all but completely gone. I will still be able to say hi to the Target team members when I come across them in the aisles, but I won't be able to fill in a shift, back up on register, or provide training information for new team members (to be completely honest, it has been a LONG time since I have done either of the first two, due to being full time in my primary work center). I anticipate being able to hold the relationships with the team members I know, but for all intents and purposes we will be strangers working in a leased spot tucked in a cove in the store that hardly any team member comes near.

EDIT: I should also add that I've had some great ETLs and TLs that I am sad I won't be working for/with again.

I been gonna since last Thursday and I don't miss it. Lol it's feels so good to not have to work till after Christmas and still get paid because I'm salary

I don't miss my store but I miss my co-workers, including the people who quit before I did. Last year around this time had the best people IMO. Now when I go in to do shopping, I don't recognize anyone, and I've only been gone 4 months. It's weird.

Nah dont miss it. Miss my coworkers and the discount, but the BS that I had to deal with on a daily basis there I do not miss. It's been a couple of months for me now since I haven't worked there and it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can finally do something better and feel proud and actually get recognition.

I miss it, but only because I can only work weekends so by Wednesday/Thursday I inevitably end up thinking "God I'm sick of school, I'm actually looking forward to work..."

I miss it, but only because I can only work weekends so by Wednesday/Thursday I inevitably end up thinking "God I'm sick of school, I'm actually looking forward to work..."

Birds of a feather, I guess. I never once missed Target more than school. I'd rather be in school for an eternity than endure another Q4 at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back