Everyone at my previous store is on the chopping block.

It's 2020 now and I'm being told by so many that Target has pushed them out....all the older team members. Who knows though.
We have an older guy who struggles to bend over, so he literally cannot do half the things we need to do. At what point can you not use your "im old" card to keep your job. :(

It's 2020 now and I'm being told by so many that Target has pushed them out....all the older team members. Who knows though.
It is happening all across my district. I am on the hit list & in all honesty, if they had someone to take my place, I would be gone. I can outwork nearly every single person in my store; before we got a bunch of 20 something SD & ETL'S who hire 20 something TL'S, I was considered a "go to" TL. I have been with this company since it was Dayton Hudson Corp. I have been in my store for well over a decade. Just based on my store's current hiring practices, I can safely say that age discrimination is absolutely happening. Unfortunately, age discrimination is very difficult to prove. My district wants young, fresh out of college & fully indoctrinated. Several of the ETL'S in my building had never actually worked before getting hired as an ETL. They haven't got a clue; but they have a college degree.

Last edited:
Back