Everyone at my previous store is on the chopping block.

Hi all

I just heard from a friend that is still at Target that they just had a DTL visit. The DTL spent only 5 or 10 minutes on the floor and spending the rest of the time (several hours in an office). I guess she heard that the DTL told the STL to print out a copy of the current schedule and take a marker and mark everyone as red, yellow, or green.
  • Red: Figure out how to get them out the door in 30-60 days if not sooner. These team members/leader are NOT 99% on board with all the changes that have happened or will happen soon.
  • Green: Make sure you do everything possible to keep these team members/leaders happy, including giving them as many hours as possible and the best shifts. These should be people that are 100% for all the changes.
  • Yellow: Look at these team members/leaders a second time to make sure that they don't need to immediately be moved to the red list or can they be made to come on board with the changes and thus moved to the green list.
I think you are either on board or are not that very few people in the yellow list will be moved to the green list.

I'm pretty sure that's protocol in all the stores right now. Started a while back which caused some ETLs and TLs who aren't sadistic to quit as they found forcing people out with such means unsavory and unprofessional (abnormal, sickening, degrading, etc.).

I'm aware they are now going full throttle, no brake or consideration for legal implications.

Quite simply, the Districts seem to suddenly think Target Corporate litigators ate Teflon for breakfast. They're wrong.

Those of you with cut hours take careful note of WHO is in the schedule you should have been in. Those noticing weird Guest behavior ...(price tag changes, unusual questions, etc.), document everything in your daytimer until your arm is ready to fall off. AND those with cut hours...get your buns to the unemployment office as you DO qualify for benefits while maintaining "employment' with Target.

Don't let them get away with this [again]. This isn't the first time they've done this but it IS on the GRANDEST scale ever.

They don't WANT anyone left that has ANY trouble adapting, PERIOD.

OP isn't exaggerating and I've nothing to gain or lose by confirming.

Well that explains the quick attitude change in attitude at my store.
My ETL and STL who are normally sort of jerks to me all of a sudden are being overly nice to me and are like encouraging me to make decisions and all of the sudden i went from 18hrs to 30hr schedules while some tms are only getting 8hrs.
Im a flow captain but i dont think think im that important to the store

You are always on the chopping block. Welcome to Target!

No this is on a scale that we haven't seen before, they are straight up targeting people with the absolute blessings, before it was store by store and actually leader by leader, this is on a company wide scale..

Everyone document everything cause I have feeling there will be lawsuits over this.

A quick update:

My friend just told me that she was coached for being deathly sick 1 day last week, despite having a doctors note and not having any call outs in recent memory. Used the swap shift board when her aunt died a few months back. She also said they are coaching for everything including, but not limited to taking a 31 minute lunch to only selling $999 worth of product when your goal was $1000. Everyone at the store is on edge and moral is worst she has ever seen it. She simply just wants this job for the insurance and to build up her 401K before her and her husband retire in a few years and is trying to hold on until that day comes.

I'm pretty sure that's protocol in all the stores right now. Started a while back which caused some ETLs and TLs who aren't sadistic to quit as they found forcing people out with such means unsavory and unprofessional (abnormal, sickening, degrading, etc.).

I'm aware they are now going full throttle, no brake or consideration for legal implications.

Quite simply, the Districts seem to suddenly think Target Corporate litigators ate Teflon for breakfast. They're wrong.

Those of you with cut hours take careful note of WHO is in the schedule you should have been in. Those noticing weird Guest behavior ...(price tag changes, unusual questions, etc.), document everything in your daytimer until your arm is ready to fall off. AND those with cut hours...get your buns to the unemployment office as you DO qualify for benefits while maintaining "employment' with Target.

Don't let them get away with this [again]. This isn't the first time they've done this but it IS on the GRANDEST scale ever.

Not at my store it's not. My leaders still give a shitton of hours to the planogram team and myself. Which is why the fixture room isn't overflowing with shit, why all the displays are up, and why the signing steel is consistently empty. My STL may have graduated from high school two years before I did, but she's smart and knows that we need to have a planogram team.

Apparently my DTL knows this too, hence why nothing's happened yet,.

Not at my store it's not. My leaders still give a shitton of hours to the planogram team and myself. Which is why the fixture room isn't overflowing with shit, why all the displays are up, and why the signing steel is consistently empty. My STL may have graduated from high school two years before I did, but she's smart and knows that we need to have a planogram team.

Apparently my DTL knows this too, hence why nothing's happened yet,.
Are you at a super Target? I'm trying to deduce the common denominator.

Guys when you show up for work, do your job. It’s not slave labor, if you don’t like it please find another suitable place for employment.
People that have worked for their store for DECADES don't care to be told "kiss it or kick it", @Humble TL .

I've only worked at the retail stores 4½ years and I'm not so thrilled with how I'm seeing those there MANY years longer than I be treated poorly.

How can you defend it? I mean, HOW?

BTW..."slave labor"? I must have missed a post. It only "akin" to what one might call modern day "endentured servant" in that one has committed their time but gets few hours. They're hostage to Target as impossible to make commitment to another with unpredictable schedule....

Last edited:

They also don't want people over a certain age or weight. Those actual words came out of my STLs mouth. Thats when I walked out

It is a good thing that Target is not unionized, as a union rep would up their but everyday.
They didn't NEED such representation before. Target was never crappy as a Walmart with phony benefits, etc. At least Wally world doesn't snarf people's hours out to newbies and tell their long term people there's no budget for hours.

BUT I'm seeing something rumbling though I TRIED very hard to ignore it. I can't anymore as I've watched, with my OWN two eyes, in disbelief, as the Kool-Aid stirred.

ETLs and TLs seemed to flip persona overnight. TMs are all suspicious of each other.

It's not normal...not even retail normal, imo.

You are always on the chopping block. Welcome to Target!
Eh! As in any job at all, @Kartman.
One needs to work hard and not snooze.

Typically companies don't plot and plan to get people to leave though. At least not since unionized mid 1980s U.S. Steel. Now THAT was a bloodbath.

People too quickly forget what happened when tenured workers weren't wanted anymore because companies wanted younger, dumber, and cheaper.

Target is not doing anything illegal or immoral. It’s a Corporation that provides jobs to thousands upon thousands of skilled and unskilled people. They have a right to implement policies that they feel are beneficial.

Back