Archived Everyone is playing Pokemon Go at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Valor for the win!

Currently on the forth day as leader of a gym behind my house. Several TMs play at my store and one ETL that I'm aware of. A restaurant right outside is a Gym and holy shit was there a turf war today. It started when I overthrew it solo and it just changed hands about a dozen times by the time I clocked out. After work a coworker and I both attacked it to claim for Team Valor and before we could add a Pokemon someone took it from under our noses. Battle and win again just for another from team blue to reclaim in a nanosecond. We stopped after that. 1 minute later and team yellow had possession. *flipping tables*

I don't have enough data to be able to play Pokemon Go much, sadly. Only 3GB/month split between 3 family members. Yeahh...it ain't happening. :(
I feel bad about the data...I have unlimited but don't play. So I'm doubly not sorry when the tms are whining about not having enough data to play...lol.

I don't have enough data to be able to play Pokemon Go much, sadly. Only 3GB/month split between 3 family members. Yeahh...it ain't happening. :(
Get your own plan lol. Family plans are a ripoff

Best Buy has the right idea.
rh7mwZG.jpg

Get your own plan lol. Family plans are a ripoff

Pff, not with T Mobile they're not. I used to be on a family plan when I used to have friends. 40 bucks for unlimited everything. Except "unlimited" data isn't really unlimited. Still waiting for someone to start a class action lawsuit over that shit.

Well, we just put a Pokémon endcap at the checklanes
I think our store was going to put something up because apparently there's a Pokémon at our checklanes!? Or at another store!? I turned my radio off halfway through that conversation. Its a neat idea to drive sales but they were chatting about it on 1 for too long.

You have windows in your backroom?
Build up enough speed with the power equipment and you can have a window wherever you want.

Team Valor for the win!

Currently on the forth day as leader of a gym behind my house. Several TMs play at my store and one ETL that I'm aware of. A restaurant right outside is a Gym and holy shit was there a turf war today. It started when I overthrew it solo and it just changed hands about a dozen times by the time I clocked out. After work a coworker and I both attacked it to claim for Team Valor and before we could add a Pokemon someone took it from under our noses. Battle and win again just for another from team blue to reclaim in a nanosecond. We stopped after that. 1 minute later and team yellow had possession. *flipping tables*

I remember the second day it came out I checked a gym to see who was on top who was level 15 and their Pokemon's CP was already 1400. I was like damn dude, it JUST came out. Chill.

Last edited:
I have like 10gb a month with data stash so usually I have a total of 45gb to use per month because I never even use the regular 10gb, but I use target wifi to catch Pokémon during breaks, before and after work. There's a gym across the street from my store. My battery keeps dying though

Pff, not with T Mobile they're not. I used to be on a family plan when I used to have friends. 40 bucks for unlimited everything. Except "unlimited" data isn't really unlimited. Still waiting for someone to start a class action lawsuit over that shit.

I'm currently on T-Mobile Unlimited and they throddle the fuck out of me. It's to the point I can't use my phone unless I'm on wifi.

I had my phone on Go literally my whole shift. My heavy duty battery pack did fuckin work. Lasted a good 7 hours.

Found out my store is divided between Mystic and Valor I haven't seen a single Instinct lol

Also during the huddle the ETL was like "any recognition?" and I just "go tEAM MYSTIC" the ETL is Valor pfft

I'm currently on T-Mobile Unlimited and they throddle the fuck out of me. It's to the point I can't use my phone unless I'm on wifi.

At some point they changed their unlimited only x amount of 4g LTE (I don't remember what x is) and then it's unlimited hspa, I think. Theyre trying to move people from unlimited to one of the limited data plans. I think theyre offering 5gb plans now. I know the 10gb one I have was a limited time only plan, so that ones gone.

I don't know how y'all get away with playing throughout your shifts. It's pretty obvious when someone is on their phone not working. At Lowe's where I work now, our loss prevention manager will sit in her cave watching the cameras and immediately call out any associate on their phones. So this shit about playing for 7 hours straight when you're supposed to be working is strange to me, and not a great way to keep your job.

I'm going to the fair this weekend and I'm thinking about buying a bunch of portable chargers and selling them. I picked up 3 for my girlfriend and someone bought one off of us for $20 and I only paid $8 for it.

I don't know how y'all get away with playing throughout your shifts. It's pretty obvious when someone is on their phone not working. At Lowe's where I work now, our loss prevention manager will sit in her cave watching the cameras and immediately call out any associate on their phones. So this shit about playing for 7 hours straight when you're supposed to be working is strange to me, and not a great way to keep your job.
Maybe she should be trying to catch shoplifters or scammers instead of worrying about tm who take out their phone for maybe two minutes every hour

The game is largely passive. If you walk around a lot at work, you can hatch a couple eggs without touching your phone except on break/lunch. If you turn power-saving mode on, it keeps the app open in a low-power mode if you turn your phone upside down. I personally will not be catching Pokemon except on break/lunch.

Ap is never there and when they are, they're not watching for that. They're looking for shoplifters

Our AP is always busy and won't have time to check for people playing. I do know the TLs and ETLs are forcing it when they see someone playing. This just means more people come to the backroom and bother me while they play.

My phone is out for 10 or so seconds every... 20 or so minutes. I've changed my tactic to not catching Pokemon on the floor unless I'm with another guest who is also playing because then at that point I'm ~vibing with the guest~. Anyways It's in my MyDevice holder (where is the MyDevice you ask? Lol what MyDevice those things are a myth) and when it vibrates I can tap the Pokemon from the holder and when I get a chance to go to the back I quickly toss my ball at it.

After 10 when guests slow down and things are more chill I tend to pull it out though. And personally, I'm still ready to accept a coaching if a TL/ETL doesn't like me doing the thing. Which so far they've shown they don't care as long as I finish my work and a guest doesn't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back