Archived Excuse me, do you work here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if im shopping after my shift i put in headphones that way i cant get in trouble for ignoring the guests lol

What I really hate is the question, "Is this your department?" or "Can you get someone to help me in Toys?". I know they're trying to be polite, but this ain't like the old days anymore. "We" don't run "departments" anymore. It's whoever you can find, lady.

What I really hate is the question, "Is this your department?" or "Can you get someone to help me in Toys?". I know they're trying to be polite, but this ain't like the old days anymore. "We" don't run "departments" anymore. It's whoever you can find, lady.

I always tell them "I'm looking for them too, but in the meantime what do you need?"

How about when you're shopping? You've got your purse on your shoulder, drinking a smoothie & carrying a basket full of groceries and they stop and ask you for help.

I ignore people. If they are REALLY persistent, I'll just tell them I do, but I'm not right now and show them to someone else.

I also had a seasonal team member run up to me and start bitching at me (I was off the clock and shopping) and asked why I just ignored some guest that was wanting something found that wasn't on the floor. Nevermind the fact that it was THEIR job to do and not mine (they had a PDA and a walkie).

If they are just asking where something is I will point them in the general direction and area they can find it... if it is more than that I will find a team member I can hand them over to.

(sigh) I miss the days we had a team member per section in each "world"

I think this comes from places like Walmart where they will truly tell you it isn't their department and walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back