Archived Executive Internship - Operational Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finishing up my internship this summer and I have a operational walk with my district store director. I am spending my time in GM, so we will be walking a huge chunk of the store. Does anyone have any tips or advice to prepare for this walk?

I did this! It was very unstructured which kind of stressed me out. Basically you walk the floor and talk about the things you learned, ideas you contributed, leadership aspects you took away, your strengths/opps etc. ex: So like when walking by seasonal you could talk about what you learned from tax free. When walking by your favorite part of the store you could talk about why. They don’t want to know the tasks you learned how to do, they want to learn what you took away from the experience. Know sales, comp, 3 weakest areas of the store and why/ best area of the store, etc.

I did this! It was very unstructured which kind of stressed me out. Basically you walk the floor and talk about the things you learned, ideas you contributed, leadership aspects you took away, your strengths/opps etc. ex: So like when walking by seasonal you could talk about what you learned from tax free. When walking by your favorite part of the store you could talk about why. They don’t want to know the tasks you learned how to do, they want to learn what you took away from the experience. Know sales, comp, 3 weakest areas of the store and why/ best area of the store, etc.
Since your GM- know SUPER well the opps in unload/ toy transition/ routines of your DBOs

Thank you @bullsyedog That is super helpful! I know all the areas of the store but I feel unprepared in the way that I have no idea what they will be asking - so thank you!

Thank you @bullsyedog That is super helpful! I know all the areas of the store but I feel unprepared in the way that I have no idea what they will be asking - so thank you!
Operations includes many aspects, such as store design, display placement, customer service, money and credit handling, shoplifting prevention, premises maintenance, staff management, inventory optimization, and dealing with the entire supply chain that leads to having products in the store.knowing the sort and stock , dbo as others said , also know about reverse logistics , sfs/opu , brla, price change process , executing promotions , loyalty program , how guest service process returns , is the team in uniform and name tag on. That’s just to make a few .

Do all that, but gird your loins.
drinkbeer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back