Archived Expect more, and more and more and.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the PA. Got I to work today and the C&S truck is waiting.

I hear over the walkie
PA please go to receiving to take in the truck.

I scan the barcode, take the temps and with the help of a Salesfloor TM we get it all pulled off and into the right temp rooms.

I get to the floor to start my cull and QMOS late but not past cut off time. Get to the back and pack up bakery and produce donations. The freezer is so packed I can't even get in to put my meat donations in the wackos.

I look up and see a new trainee from another store. Never knew this person was coming. Funny thing is the store they come from does not and will not be doing pFresh. But I am to train them. I quickly explain what I have already done. I grab my rack and get the pulls pushed. At huddle I suggest this person work with the team pushing the dairy and freezer. Suggestion is taken. After break I get told that I need to show this person how to do all the regular pFresh routines and how to pull up backroom locations with 6 month or longer product. I get to the floor finally with my truck push and I get asked why milk has not been pushed? ....umm I left yesterday and milk is to be pushed by the afternoon person. They pulled that person to do another task. They had me find the TM u wrapping the dairy truck to push it.

Then the visit shows up. I get the same question from them. Why wasn't the milk pushed? They got the same answer. I was told I should have had it be my first priority or ask for help..... From who?! I wonder first, when, before or after my first priority of cull and QMOS or first priority of receiving in and getting the product in the correct temp zone or first after unwrapping the bananas, or first after getting the floors produce and meat filled before the visit. :faint:

I got everything pushed, jumped on the SDAs and headed to lunch. Once back I went to get my outdates and a fellow tm took it back and put it in a bin filled with spilt milk, mixing up my backroom and sales floor outdates and soaking them. I cleared that up and then bcoded and back stocked pro and meat. Then I got asked why I did not push bakery. I could not even find bakery. But I should have done it and I need to do it every day. I was asked why I did not do it. I answered "because I am just one person" I am sure I will be getting pulled in for a meeting tomorrow. I heard my STL saying "this can't be like this these things have to be done daily. I then went and got myself set up to do the order.

I am so angry. I almost feel like saying find someone who can "do it all" and let me be a regular SFTM

BTW I read my routines list and I recently did the pFresh quiz again. No where does it say that the morning person culls meat, receives in the truck, bcodes, back stocks, pushes milk, bakery and eggs and pushes the perishables side of the truck. But I do my best and my best is just not good enough....

Write it down.
Each day, take an edited version of what you wrote here with times and a hours.
Keep track, that way when you get pulled into that meeting you can pull out that paperwork and say "here is the proof of what's happening. If you want me to handle things differently, tell me how and I will be happy to do it but don't just tell me to "geterdun"."
They won't like it but they won't be able to argue with it.

I know how you feel men. i just want to scream to my leaders "do you see a S on my chest?"
'"

Thanks guys. I thought maybe I could be thinking it was a busy day but maybe I should have been Ble to get more do e. it was rough. I will try to write it down

PA 0701

What you need to do is go to work bench. Look up " p fresh daily routines". There be a document that lists what we are suppose to be doing every hour of everyday in p fresh. I refer to it all the time. If they ask why you are not doing something, refer to the sheet. If they it is wrong, say you do not want me to follow "best practice?"

At my store, the logistics team took over receiving, pushing and backstocking the p fresh trucks. They are no longer my responsibility. I am a sales floor team member. Receiving and pushing the truck is a logistics process.

Just maybe your store needs to follow best practice when it comes to the receiving the truck and backstocking the truck. Meaning, logistics takes over the p fresh process and you have no responsibility in that process. It is a stress reliever.
That would be simply AMAZING! And that is our goal with this new VIBE, being AMAZING!

But my new CTL and my STL think a PA is a grocery team member or like a grocery team lead.

Write it down.
Each day, take an edited version of what you wrote here with times and a hours.
Keep track, that way when you get pulled into that meeting you can pull out that paperwork and say "here is the proof of what's happening. If you want me to handle things differently, tell me how and I will be happy to do it but don't just tell me to "geterdun"."
They won't like it but they won't be able to argue with it.

This is what I do on my side of the store when the workload gets heavy. I start writing down a daily breakdown of what was done on our team and who did what and how long it took. They know I'm doing this... oddly enough they haven't bothered us that much recently.

You and a salesfloor TM do the truck?

At my store, the receiver will do all the paperwork and pull the pallets from the truck while two flow members take everything to the freezer/cooler. If it's a Saturday, someone from flow or even LOD will acknowledge the truck.

It seems odd that a PA would deal with receiving a truck. What does your flow team do in the morning?

I am the PA at my store and on weekends I very regularly unload the truck all by myself (on Mon-Fri I still have to help the receiving TM do it). It takes a solid 30 mins for me to take temps, do paperwork, put pallets away, get empty pallets to put on truck, etc. Its always been like this at my store. Of course, it means that I have to make up for that time by e.g. doing a quick (and bad) cull.

At my store the receiver, CTL, or LOD (depends on who LOD is) will receive the truck. All TLs are expected to come help pull pallets to coolers (refrigerated truck).

Honestly, OP, everything you do is what is expected of a PA at my store (low vol p-fresh). Granted, my store uses hours to schedule a backstocker for FDC, and pulls all available sales floor to push FDC. Most days no one from logistics (flow, backroom, backroom day) aside from the receiver does anything with the FDC truck (push, backstock, pulling pallets).

I believe culling meat, produce, dairy, bakery is all within the responsibilities of a PA. The TL at my store completes the same routines as the PA on a daily basis.

I can understand being thrown off by having someone to train with little notice, but think of it as a compliment if you're being trusted to train someone new to the position. You must be doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back