Archived Expectations for opening in Electronics for the first time -- First official week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trainers did an awful job of explaining how to open,, VERY ANXIOUS.

Overall, what's the routine, if any?

ASANTS (all stores are not the same)

My store opens at 7AM, electronics starts at 7. They used to start at 8 a couple months ago after the holiday season.
Once the lights come on, or if you come to the lights already on grab the remotes and turn on all the TVs. Usually some TVs do not power on themselves. If a TV does not have a remote, look for the power button on it physically.

Usually until the electronics flow TM leaves as well i help them out 7A-8A.

However, check for *front* end-caps that are empty or are getting very low on stock. Check if they have a second location, and if so grab it from them and pull and place on the front end-cap. Walk the aisles for out of area possibly missed from last night. Usually the TL or TLOD will have projects for you to possibly set. Are you a TM that has been in Hardlines before or straight new TM?

There is so much that can vary now that stores are implementing different new processes and at different stages. And it doesn't help that everyone already did different things with electronics TMs.

Your best bet is to check in with the LOD and ask for a quick refresher on what you need to do. Ask for help if you need it.

Since ASANTS I can only say make sure you have the electronics keys, a walkie, and all the TVs are turned on. Also might want to know the hours for Target Mobile, if your store has one as people start rolling in early for them. Know what your hot items are and if they are in stock, and communicate with Guest Services and the Operator so you don't have to repeat yourself as much. Other than that, check with the LOD or Electronics TL if they are present for what your duties should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back