Archived explaining transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone explain to me the process in transferring to a different distract? My hr told me today to login into ehr and apply. How do I do this and can I do it at home?

You can't do it from home. You have to go to your store, log into Ehr. On left click on Job Opportunities. Follow prompts from there. You will end up having to select a store or stores you want to apply at. If you find the correct one you have to make sure they have an opening for it. If not, their HR needs to go in and create the opening.
Have you spoken to another store about transferring?
Your app will go into their internal applicants system so make sure they are aware that you've applied. HRs usually don't check this very often. Stay on top of them. Things like this do fall through the cracks or get put on the back burner.
Any other questions, feel free to ask. I was in HR for 6 years.

alright thanks :) that's strange my hr told me I could do it at home...I haven't had a chance to talk to another store because it is in a different state. How accurate is the career website that show's openings?

We used to be able to do stuff in Ehr from home, but no more. You could call that store and just get a feel for if they have a need for you to transfer. It would be easier for them to transfer a current employee rather than hire a newbie. Less training and stuff.
It should be fairly accurate unless the store just doesn't keep up with updating their hiring needs. Also, they may just open up a position for you so you can apply for it. (The only way to do a transfer). So just because you don't see an opening for whatever position you want, don't give up. Talk to someone and see what happens. If you have a resume maybe you could get their fax # and fax it to them.

Also, your ETL-HR should get the ball rolling for you by calling the other store and speaking to their HR. This would definitely help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back