Archived explosive incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Sun

Ojutai's lieutenant
ok this is gonna be a bit of a rant so bear with me guys.
this happened last Friday night. I was on cashier and it came time for my break. so I grabbed a can of pringles and a large tea ok so far so good right? so I walk back to the break room and get into TSC when my phone goes off and I see that it is my mom. naturally I answer it and she asks me if I was still at work if I could go back to seasonal and check for clearance M&Ms so I put the chips and drink and badge in a locker and go back out. sounds normal so far right here comes the kicker. as I head back to seasonal Im carrying on a conversation with my mother about my sister who was named student of the year for our area(all districts) one hell of an honor really. when outta nowhere a guest storms up to me and snatches my phone from my hand and screams at me that I should be helping her instead of talking on the phone. working through my shock I remember that im technically still on the clock and politly apologize saying that I am on break and asked for my phone back. SHE REFUSED! saying that this should go to my manager, she hangs up the call and then has the nerve to criticize my wallpaper( which due to the Journey into Nyx prerelease is the card I was hoping to pull Atherios God of Passage) she says that its inappropriate for work and shouldn't be where customers can see it. she proceeds to walk away (my phone still in her possession) and goes to the service desk and demands the store manager. our STL gets up to the desk and she hands him my phone and claims that I was ignoring her by talking on my phone while working. He asks me if I am on break to which I replied yes. he hands my phone back to me and she flipped her lid, screaming about how no action was going to be taken against me. he calmly told her that I was on my break and was doing nothing wrong. she asked why I had an obscine backround on my phone and the STL asked to see it. without hesitation I showed it to him and he said that there was nothing wrong with it. this served only to anger her more and she proceeded to call me a lazy f*** with no future and my STL a deadbeat before leaving for good.
im sorry for this long story you guys but I need to know, have you all seen guests like this or am I just really unlucky?

Not what I thought this thread was going to be about when I opened it.

I would've decked this lady if this was me (and I'm a dude). I am NOT okay with someone touching me, much less taking my stuff.

I've never seen this, but the most annoying thing I've had to deal with when I'm on break or off the clock was people walking up to me and asking a hundred questions when I'm busy doing me stuff.

Wow, sorry to say but I think I'm going to have to get you one of the great big stuffed animals down as a prize.
Here you go, you deserve it for putting up with that bitch, pardon me, crazy bitch.

-15485f6522bca9c1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's ridiculous. Almost as good was the disheveled-looking, possibly homeless or alcoholic guy last night who said his daughter had lost her iPhone there a week ago (who conveniently lives 70 miles away and can't be called at work), but couldn't describe anything about the case or anything other than that it was an iPhone 5 or 5s with a case. He said his daughter had called and talked to someone at GS who said they had the phone and he could come pick it up. My SrTL who was LOD and myself basically told him that if he could identify the case we'd be happy to release it to him, but if he can't adequately describe the property we can't just give the phone away. He eventually left in a huff saying we could keep it and he was gonna call the STL and get my SrTL fired.

Funny part...we have no iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s in either the AP secure lockup at GS or the CO safe, only an old beat up virgin mobile burner and an android phone with a pretty identifiable case.

First off, if you're on break, you're not "technically still on the clock", yes, you ARE getting paid, but you're ON BREAK. I'd have told her to give me my daM^ phone before I called the cops and had her arrested for assault and theft. Second, I'd invest in a light hoodie or jacket and start wearing that when on the floor on break in the future ;)

Obscene background? Who the hell cares if it was?! No one at work is going to see it unless a) they rip the phone out of your hand, (which they have no right to do anyway) or b) you accidentally left your phone unguarded in the TSC or somewhere, in which case you expect to come back to someone's obnoxious selfie as your new background.

Wow.... Just wow. I can't believe someone would act like this. This has to be the worst guest in the history of worst guests.

I honestly will never understand what goes through people's minds when they do things like this. Like, seriously, this guest just sounded like she felt like she had such a sense of entitlement it's ridiculous.

Now, there's only one problem. Where you wearing red and khaki while you were on the phone?

That is ridiculous. And this is why I always either have another color shirt on under my red hoodie (P-fresh days) or a hoodie/jacket to put over my red (salesfloor days). If I need to venture while I'm on break, I am wearing a different color.

That's assault. I'd have her banned from the premises. I don't care what's going on I your personal life...you will not treat my team with such utter disrespect and still be allowed to patron my store.

The thing is even if you were on your phone and totally ignoring her while on the clock (not on break), she still has no right to touch you, take your personal property, and refuse to give it back. I never use the c word, but she is the biggest one I've ever heard of.

I was also pretty convinced this post was gonna be about a bathroom cleanup lol.

I honestly will never understand what goes through people's minds when they do things like this. Like, seriously, this guest just sounded like she felt like she had such a sense of entitlement it's ridiculous.

Now, there's only one problem. Where you wearing red and khaki while you were on the phone?
yes I was in uniform at the time of this incident so I could see how she could mistake me for being "on the clock" that being said she still had no right whatsoever to snatch my phone from my hand and confiscate it to give to my superior. no right on earth or heaven or hell.

Obscene background? Who the hell cares if it was?! No one at work is going to see it unless a) they rip the phone out of your hand, (which they have no right to do anyway) or b) you accidentally left your phone unguarded in the TSC or somewhere, in which case you expect to come back to someone's obnoxious selfie as your new background.
this is the photo in question
Athreos-God-of-Passage.jpg

Obscene? That looks awesome!

Maybe a bit bizarre, and not my style, but definitely nothing to object over (even if it was within her right to do so, which it wasn't).

How in the name of all that's holy does that qualify as obscene?
I thought you had one of the female warrior avatars with huge breasts and a chainmail bikini.

OK, I'm sorry you deserve the big plush toy and a beer.

Guinness.jpg

And this is why, when on break, I either wear a jacket or change my shirt. If I'm carrying equipment I'll usually stow away my PDA and hide my walkie under my jacket or something. Removing my badge isn't enough.

And God forbid someone snatches my phone and looks at my wallpaper during a break. It's not bad or inappropriate or anything; I'd probably get judged as a 29 year old weeaboo or something.

How in the name of all that's holy does that qualify as obscene?
I thought you had one of the female warrior avatars with huge breasts and a chainmail bikini.

OK, I'm sorry you deserve the big plush toy and a beer.

Guinness.jpg
mmmmm good stuff lol

just crazy.. applaud you for keeping your cool.. regulars will bother me even if im in street clothes just cause they know i work there. it always amazes me but honestly that's what target is doing.. training their "guests" that we are there to bow down and serve them and give them whatever they want.. im not surprised by her behavior . only that it doesnt happen more often.

just crazy.. applaud you for keeping your cool.. regulars will bother me even if im in street clothes just cause they know i work there. it always amazes me but honestly that's what target is doing.. training their "guests" that we are there to bow down and serve them and give them whatever they want.. im not surprised by her behavior . only that it doesnt happen more often.

If a guest asks me something when I'm on break and there's no reasonable way they can assume I work here, I just give them a weird look and say that I don't know.

Also, not sure what type of phone you have, but I have been in some retail stores that have cordless phones that look like cellphones. How did she know 100% that you were on a personal and not a business call, unless she was eavesdropping? OR, that the phone was your PERSONAL phone and not a company phone that you were making a personal call from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back