Archived Extended hours for Christmas time start today

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

At my store, it's gonna be open til midnight tonight. 11pm on Sunday. The midnight close streak doesn't happen until next Saturday up until Christmas Eve Eve. And can't forget the lovely 7am opening too. Who's gonna be shopping at 7am at Target? This isn't Albertson's or Kroger. I don't get the logic. Closing today at midnight but then every day after until next Saturday is closing at 11pm.

Back in the old days, spot was open to midnight for the whole month of December. Depending on your state laws.

For the past couple of weeks, when I come in for work at 7:30am, there are usually several cars pulling up trying to figure out if we are open.

Our store has been midnight closing for the past year now, and it isn't going away. I really wish it was, getting out at 1AM does not a good student make.

Looks like some kids will have lots of presents this year.

12347957_1156046304465244_4438152498091161995_n.png.jpg

As far as I know my store opens at 7 a.m. 10/26. But opening GSTL (me, at least as far as I know) isn't scheduled until 7:30 whoops!! Looks like I'll be having a chat with HR.

My store is usually open from 8 am to 11 pm everyday except Saturday, and we stay open until midnight that day. Our new holiday hours started on Black Friday and we're open until midnight every day until January except Christmas Eve. We're only open until 11pm that day. I guess Saturday's we've been opening at 7 am starting this past week but I haven't been scheduled to open for awhile.

I think our early opening start time starts tomorrow. We will be open from 7AM-12AM. Oh boy.

Our normal hours are 8-11except Sunday 8-12. Our holiday hours start next sat 7-12 and 7-11

Ours are the same 7-12 and 7-11. We do have a few lucky bitches who somehow got Christmas Eve off and I envy them. Oh well it's like I said at Thanksgiving...my paycheck is gonna be bangin'!

I just don't see the logic with the store being opened until midnight on a rainy Saturday night. Most guests don't even know about the extended hours until they arrive at Target.

I think our early opening start time starts tomorrow. We will be open from 7AM-12AM. Oh boy.
The crazy thing is they have had Pfresh/market there til 11PM since black Friday......Lately ive been opening 2 times a week and then closing or working later the other 3 days. Before 4th quarter we were getting of at 7:30 or so. Working til 11 blows

Ours are the same 7-12 and 7-11. We do have a few lucky bitches who somehow got Christmas Eve off and I envy them. Oh well it's like I said at Thanksgiving...my paycheck is gonna be bangin'!

Ya the whole flow team has Christmas eve and Christmas off, and then obviously will be off early Wed at my store. Must be nice :)

The store being opened 7-12 is only on the actual Christmas week at my store.
I think, we might have just started it on the weekend today, I don't work weekends.

It wont surprise me if one year Target stays open until 1am during December!

As far as I know my store opens at 7 a.m. 10/26. But opening GSTL (me, at least as far as I know) isn't scheduled until 7:30 whoops!! Looks like I'll be having a chat with HR.
My store changed to 12 a.m. closing after the BF weekend and they scheduled closing cashiers to 11. Whoops. We both agreed to stay but I wasn't a happy camper as I get up at 5:30 to get ready for my FT job.

I think it's terribly gross for them to be open until 11 Christmas Eve. I'm off from my day job and changed my availability until 7 p.m. that night. But I feel bad for my fellow TMs who have to be there that late on 12/24.

At least we have Christmas off, which is apparently saying much since we had to be there on Thanksgiving.

It won't surprise me when greed extends opening hours to Christmas Day as well.

On a happier note, my closing TL is not above following lingering shoppers near closing on Christmas Eve and telling them how the TMs would like to spend time with their families. Oh, and if we're closed already Christmas Eve, the registers are off. Sorry you thought you were a super special snowflake that gets to shop after hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back