Fall National Meeting

Just really irritated that Corp in all their wisdom has decided to push Red Cards hard again. Such a great idea. Not.
I imagine they're wanting to push them now because no one can afford anything, so they want to push people to charge it.

It makes that $40 coupon for signing up more enticing too - everyone loves a coupon, especially since we're all even more broke than before. They'll probably get a nice influx of people around the holidays, starting on deal days.

It's not right, but they're definitely going to take the opportunity.

My homie's gf works at a standalone Sephora and she said their shrink is 80% underage thots loading up their purses with small pocketable shit that Sephora has literal tons of, lipsticks, mascaras, pencils, brushes, etc. etc. etc. and 20% thots who work there stealing from inventory. She said they would even swipe shit right under her nose when they thought her back was turned, lol/lmao. Something about that Clinique skincare shit in them eenie weenie bottles for $25+ retail or them Korean snail slime creams for 50 bones just makes them practically jump right into a customer's or employee's purse all on their own

Target is not competitive at all in my area anymore. You can get hired at Panda Express and make more money working there then Target. Almost every business in my area is advertising a starting wage of at least $15 an hour if not more. I also know for a fact that people on this forum have talked about how the starting rate of the Targets in their area going up.
Here McDonalds bea
ts starting pay at Target.

Wasn’t much to write about.

Things that was of interest:

* A&A future as outlined earlier in this thread. Was cool to see them tackling some of the concerns. However, this will take a long time to get going.

* AP team going after making repeated offenders and threats to staff a bigger issue. Seeing that they’re working with the government to influence laws is cool. DAs now doing store walks with Store Directors is exciting.

* Food Distribution Centers

* Controlling expenses is going to be something that you’ll hear about extensively

I'm so sick of hearing about loss prevention. Spider wraps don't do nearly enough. Until they actually try and catch some of the people stealing it will just be fair game to all the theives. Back when spot had actual people to apprehend the thieves stayed away for the most part because they new they would get caught at Target. Not to mention not giving anymore time for payroll even though ypu now want 80% of the store spider wrapped. My store has no spiderwrap s that fit any of the appliances or vacuums. Have had an aptl maybe for 2 months of this year. We are currently waiting for our 3rd one to finish training. I think we had maybe 2 tss tms in the last year and neither one lasted more then a month. But yeah let's focus on the tms.

Wasn’t much to write about.

Things that was of interest:

* AP team going after making repeated offenders and threats to staff a bigger issue. Seeing that they’re working with the government to influence laws is cool. DAs now doing store walks with Store Directors is exciting.
What is a DA?

I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST MY STORE'S DC DOING THIS OMG
Seriously though, there have been several items that say there were delivered on both the RDC and FDC and most certainly weren't. And then Target wonders why our INF rate for OPUs has been in the toilet for the past two weeks (12% instead of the usual 2-5%)
I've noticed just recently that product coming in my OTC repacks is sometimes double what I think was supposed to be there. Example: things like boxes of cold & flu medicine come in bundles of 6. Whenever I have too many to fit, I always scan to make sure the SFQ is correct and it's appropriately filled. The last week or so, I've noticed that the on-hand count is exactly one bundle LESS than what I'm physically holding in my hands, and not just for that one product. It'll be several products coming in on the same truck. (And it's not that the on-hand count isn't updated yet - it is for other products, just off by exactly the number in one bundle of 3 or 4 or 6 for a few products.) Don't know which store is getting shorted, or what another store might be getting that should be coming to my store, but it's definitely out of whack. Stuff like this happens occasionally, but it's just recently become more common. Hope they get it figured out soon.

I've noticed just recently that product coming in my OTC repacks is sometimes double what I think was supposed to be there. Example: things like boxes of cold & flu medicine come in bundles of 6. Whenever I have too many to fit, I always scan to make sure the SFQ is correct and it's appropriately filled. The last week or so, I've noticed that the on-hand count is exactly one bundle LESS than what I'm physically holding in my hands, and not just for that one product. It'll be several products coming in on the same truck. (And it's not that the on-hand count isn't updated yet - it is for other products, just off by exactly the number in one bundle of 3 or 4 or 6 for a few products.) Don't know which store is getting shorted, or what another store might be getting that should be coming to my store, but it's definitely out of whack. Stuff like this happens occasionally, but it's just recently become more common. Hope they get it figured out soon.
WOW! The same thing is happening with my store with repacks too! Always just one bundle too short from what it is supposed to be. My best guess would be that another store is getting random stuff that they do not sell or need

Why does my neighboring town Target have $17.5 starting pay while we have $16.75? I thought it should be same pay scale for the whole state🙄

Why does my neighboring town Target have $17.5 starting pay while we have $16.75? I thought it should be same pay scale for the whole state🙄
Even stores within the same district can have drastically different (more than $1) starting rates.

In my district, there was a $1.25 difference between stores that are 10 minutes apart.
Does that store see higher turnover or theft? Do they see the same number of applicants as you do? Maybe their SD lobbied harder than yours did for the raise. There's a lot of factors.

Each store does wage surveys to stay competitive with stores/competition directly around them.

In my state, some of big cities have a higher minimum wage than smaller/more rural cities. The stores closer to those big city wages can try and get Corp to accept the higher wage so they don’t lose TMs but it doesn’t always work.

In my state, some of big cities have a higher minimum wage than smaller/more rural cities. The stores closer to those big city wages can try and get Corp to accept the higher wage so they don’t lose TMs but it doesn’t always work.

I wonder why no one has brought that up as a counter to the trope of "we are closing these stores because of all the stealing".
Could the fact that many of the cities are passing minimum wage laws that are much higher than the state and some that are making laws about employers have to treat their employees?
It seems like the retail companies would find that much more annoying because cutting wages and messing with schedules (and stealing wages) has always been the best way to stay profitable.

Back