Archived Fall TL Modernization thank you bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, lol. I sure wouldn't give someone 4 shots at safe and secure.
That shocked me as well.... unless they don’t count different things. Like forgetting to arm and losing your keys as separate finals but pretty sure that’s not how it works. Maybe you can get 4 CAs for performance before termination but I haven’t honestly looked at the new guidelines since they came out

I would look past forgetting to arm the store if I were an STL because shit happens and to err is human, no need to can somebody for an innocent mistake

I would look past forgetting to arm the store if I were an STL because shit happens and to err is human, no need to can somebody for an innocent mistake
You get put on a naughty list of you don’t arm it an hour after store close. Typically it’s not something they can over look. Forgetting to shut the safe is really the only safe and secure issue that’s not tracked at some level. Losing your key? You need to recore. Not arming? You get yelled at. Not locking the door I guess could also be over looked as long as no one walks by the automatic doors and sets the alarm off.

What happens if you lock a TM in the store on accident
I guess it depends what the TM says or does 😂. My ETL did this but they called another ETL because they didn’t have the closing ETLs number so obviously that other ETL let our SD know. If they had just called the ETL that closed they might not have ever found out

Locking someone in is a final. At least for a guest. If you leave the safe open, but everything is locked up, you get a CA, if the opener reports you.

You get put on a naughty list of you don’t arm it an hour after store close. Typically it’s not something they can over look. Forgetting to shut the safe is really the only safe and secure issue that’s not tracked at some level. Losing your key? You need to recore. Not arming? You get yelled at. Not locking the door I guess could also be over looked as long as no one walks by the automatic doors and sets the alarm off.

the biggest thing i've noticed keyholders forgetting to do is arm the cash office but that's easy to fix since you have to go back and arm that before you can arm the building

i am super paranoid about leaving the safe open though so i always take a picture of the shut safe door on my phone and text it to myself

the biggest thing i've noticed keyholders forgetting to do is arm the cash office but that's easy to fix since you have to go back and arm that before you can arm the building

i am super paranoid about leaving the safe open though so i always take a picture of the shut safe door on my phone and text it to myself
That’s a good habit to be in. One of my fellow seniors does that. Takes pictures of everything whenever he closes. My first store let you arm the perimeter regardless of receiving or cash office being armed and it got a couple people in trouble before someone decided to get it fixed. I’ve left the safe open before but luckily found it myself when I went back in 20 minutes later.

Arming the cash office has to be done within an hour of close or Stanley starts calling the emergency list. The building as a whole though, isn’t a big deal if it’s later unless your leadership makes it one.

Arming the cash office has to be done within an hour of close or Stanley starts calling the emergency list. The building as a whole though, isn’t a big deal if it’s later unless your leadership makes it one.

oh yeah we've gotten a call from stanley once... or twice... or three times....

why's it a big deal for the cash office to not be armed within an hour of close though specifically? i've always wondered that but i'm too embarrassed to ask

oh yeah we've gotten a call from stanley once... or twice... or three times....

why's it a big deal for the cash office to not be armed within an hour of close though specifically? i've always wondered that but i'm too embarrassed to ask

I'd imagine they figure after an hour, you are being robbed. I worked for another retailer and Stanley did the same thing but called the AP corporate boss asking why we weren't closed yet.
I
There are many other things my dear. No need to be rude.

Not rude just pointing a few things out

Always be logged into the phone app after close. Stanley will call the store before calling anyone else. If you answer and remedy the problem they’re calling about, there’s no further action or follow-up.

Hmmm, reminds me of the tm Christmas bonus last year. Went to a newbie that quit right after. Not really money well spent.
There should be a perfect attendance bonus, after all I forfeited the 80 hours sick time that I COULD have gotten for NOT showing up ! But because I am healthy and have a conscience, I got paid the same for working as I would have for staying home, for 2 weeks !

Hmmm, reminds me of the tm Christmas bonus last year. Went to a newbie that quit right after. Not really money well spent.
There should be a perfect attendance bonus, after all I forfeited the 80 hours sick time that I COULD have gotten for NOT showing up ! But because I am healthy and have a conscience, I got paid the same for working as I would have for staying home, for 2 weeks !
We did a drawing for everyone who had perfect attendance after Q4 and gave the winner a TV

We did a drawing for everyone who had perfect attendance after Q4 and gave the winner a TV

My store did that my first year. I didn't find out until afterwards that I got screwed out of an entry because of an "early out' where the truck was small so they sent a couple of us home and didn't change the schedule or tell anyone in HR so it looked like I left early.

I guess I'm in a similar situation if I ever transfer. For a while there, instead of fixing my availability or my schedule, HR just told me it was cool to come in an hour late every week on the day I needed. So my record probably shows that I have been late like 50 times even though I've only ever actually been late 1 time. It wasn't until we got a new ETL in another department who started asking questions about why I was always on the late report that they finally let me change my availability. Half the time they still schedule me at the old time and I have to have them fix it, but yeah.

Just another problem with relying on the computer for timekeeping when the humans involved don't actually make full use of it and change the scheduled times when they give TMs different instructions.

It's really funny that they have to react with finals and terminations for things like leaving the safe open, in certain situations of course. Like for example, if you lock me in the store, the only thing that should happen is everybody has a huge laugh about it, because Target's money is in as much danger from me as Kim Kardashian has of starving homeless on the street. I mean, I might take a selfie holding an armload of cash just for fun, but when the openers got there in the morning every single dollar would still be there. It would be sad to part ways and I would need a moment alone with the safe to say my heartfelt goodbyes, and I'd make a wish that we'll meet again in the next life, but again, every single dollar. If I got someone fired for that I would quit immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back