Archived Fast, Fun, Friendly? Not so much..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm not sure about your stores, but a few months ago we were forced to cut around 200 hours each week. Our store isn't fast anymore because of the lack of team members, it isn't fun because of the increased workload (and minimal raises after our stores review), and everyone's droopy faces just doesn't contribute to the friendly environment. Ever since I was employed about a year ago, things have gone from good to bad, and it's getting worse. Our shelves are either empty or a mess, you can barley navigate a flat in the backroom because of the piled up inventory, several of the TLs have just mentally quit on the store, there's a bigger emphasis on red cards than guest service, the cashier backup calls are unbelievable, and the list goes on. The WalMart down the road is in better shape than our store. They have the money to renovate the entire store while we can't even afford an extra cashier for a few hours each night. I'm sure a lot of the other Targets have similar problems, but I feel like this store is soon approaching a dead end!

Yup... Even before I left the emphasis on REDCards was just insane. I pretty much stopped caring.

I remember the *****y ETL-Food and the Newbie GSTL were chewing me out how I don't do enough, and when I told them about all the ways I've gone above and beyond to deliver exceptional guest service (And ensure others are doing so as well), it pretty much fell on deaf ears. After that I quit.

They don't care unless you're getting REDCards. They also don't care what you do unless it makes their job easier so they can sit back and have their little TL parties.

Guest Service is dead.

Welcome to Target 2013.

I cant name one person in my store that's happy, they keep spouting this "do more with less" saying and its getting out of hand. I get doing more with less but there comes a point when its too much. Besides the fact that they don't deal with poor performers, softlines TL who calls off once a week and a pricing TL who stands around talking for at least an hour each morning when she comes in and throughout the day then begs for help and we have to help because pricing HAS to get done. Very frustrating. MOst of the salesfloor is on the checklanes and that leaves noone for the guests, no wonder the tm available score is going down?

our store is the same way. Target is making ridiculous money getting $16-24 per hour of labor out of $8 employees. By having employees covering multiple areas, it not only saves a ton of money, but may allow supervisors to negatively evaluate our performance. I was subtly coached over people having to help my zone in seasonal over Christmas, but I am constantly helping to zone and reshop Softlines, then getting criticized for not dojng Softlines well.

The Vibe is really flowing through Target...

That sounds like our store as well, though the guest service isn't of any less importance. But they will not shut up about the freaking RedCards. I don't even cashier that much, and I'm tired of hearing about it. Now we have to initial a sheet with our number of transactions/speed score/number of RedCards on it every week, even if we only did backup a few times. Why did this pop up, and is this happening in all stores? Are they going to be using that info against us, and why do we have to initial it?

Now we have to initial a sheet with our number of transactions/speed score/number of RedCards on it every week, even if we only did backup a few times. Why did this pop up, and is this happening in all stores? Are they going to be using that info against us, and why do we have to initial it?

It's just proof that the GSTL talked to you about your speed and conversion. At my store the GSTL or GSA will just let you know that you a) need to improve OR b) that you're doing a good job and you should help struggling cashiers out. I wouldn't be paranoid about it.

That sounds like our store as well, though the guest service isn't of any less importance. But they will not shut up about the freaking RedCards. I don't even cashier that much, and I'm tired of hearing about it. Now we have to initial a sheet with our number of transactions/speed score/number of RedCards on it every week, even if we only did backup a few times. Why did this pop up, and is this happening in all stores? Are they going to be using that info against us, and why do we have to initial it?

I back of all the time and have not encountered this at my store, at least not yet. It's not company-wide... Perhaps someone's requiring it, maybe to gather data points but more likely a CYA move of some sort.

The same thing is hapining at our store between the college grads that they have made etls that dont know a thing about retial and the lack of hours no one wants to come to work anymore.

I cant name one person in my store that's happy, they keep spouting this "do more with less" saying and its getting out of hand. I get doing more with less but there comes a point when its too much. Besides the fact that they don't deal with poor performers, softlines TL who calls off once a week and a pricing TL who stands around talking for at least an hour each morning when she comes in and throughout the day then begs for help and we have to help because pricing HAS to get done. Very frustrating. MOst of the salesfloor is on the checklanes and that leaves noone for the guests, no wonder the tm available score is going down?

Corporate has been very honest about how to keep any profits from trickling down to their expendable tms - "Expect more - Pay less". And it will work as long as the economy is bad & people are desperate to keep even the worst of jobs because they have no choice.

Best company ever only if you are in corporate because these greedy people are bleeding every penny they can for as long as they can until it's time to abandon the ship that they are helping to sink.

Then they dream up the pleasant sounding Vibe which just adds salt to the wound because there's no Vibe in the stores. The only Vibe is in corporate as they laugh their way to the bank on the backs of their employees who are unable to pay their bills let alone have any kind of life.

Expect more from your tms and pay them less.

Pretty much business as usual at Target it seems. We unload, bowl, and push 2500 trucks with 8-12 people + 3 in the BR, 4 of these TMs are absolutely useless and the horrible annoying constant complainers. Our flow and BR teams supplement Pfresh or basically do all of it every time, even on truck days.

Our store also refuses to fill a backroom gap that has existed for around 3 months now when the last BR day kid quit. We have been using one of our early morning BR, sometimes myself to fill in that role as well. Its an absolute joke, our entire team is miserable, 90% of the team is looking for other jobs, no one smiles or jokes around anymore, and to constantly hear the most incompetent TL ever saying pick up the pace just demoralizes everyone completely. The one good TL has pretty much mailed it in because no matter what he does the new Logistics ETL wants it done her way and her way SUCKS.

While the other horrible TL is flourishing because he kisses her ass even though he technically shouldn't even be in at 4am for trucks since hes actually the BR/in stocks TL. Another corner cut by not hiring another Flow TL, and after 1230 there is no one overseeing anything in our backroom or what in stocks is doing.

The other teams in our store and our HR and STL seem to have no issues with Presentation and pricing pouching our TMs when they need it, yet when we need something its ignored. This wouldnt be an issue if we were properly staffed, but we are definitely not. Do they have any idea how infuriating it is to see two of your better TMs putting up aisle wallpaper when were struggling through back to back monster trucks. Its terrible, this corporation is just awful.

On top of everyone getting their 'raises,' the cut hours, the new ETL changing everything that worked well for us, and the constant vibe and store sales speeches at huddle this is the worst job I've ever had by far, only thing that keeps me going in is that its only for another month tops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back