Archived Feel the logistics team is the only people strong enough to pull heavy boxes from the top shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
at my store. Every work center had started pulling their own stuff and everytime it's something like Tide or pillows from the top of the asiles, they can never get and then they grab a brtm to do it

Do the other teams even lift?

Omg the LOG team at my store has a habit of putting cat litter, 40lb cases of sugar, Arm & Hammer detergent (the 172oz 2/case one), and other extremely heavy stuff on the very top shelf. It drives me nuts. It's barely reachable with a ladder, and down an aisle so you can't drive the wave to it.

Pillows are getting straight up dropped, to large and unwieldy to handle.. Tide and other crap like that shouldn't be up top to begin with.. And when you double, triple and quad stack boxes on that top shelf, how the F can I reach it when I am standing on the top ladder shelf on my tip toes and its still out of reach..

My personal favorite is the night stands in boxes on the top shelf over in domestics/décor not over in furniture.. Love that shit.. Not.. :mad:

at my store. Every work center had started pulling their own stuff and everytime it's something like Tide or pillows from the top of the asiles, they can never get and then they grab a brtm to do it

I can lift anything safe. I can easily lift as much as anyone on logistics. Your Damn tide is gonna cost you five minutes of wav usage. Low and pro. And I'm not paid enough to bring a case of tide down the giant ladder.

Pillows are getting straight up dropped, to large and unwieldy to handle.. Tide and other crap like that shouldn't be up top to begin with.. And when you double, triple and quad stack boxes on that top shelf, how the F can I reach it when I am standing on the top ladder shelf on my tip toes and its still out of reach..

My personal favorite is the night stands in boxes on the top shelf over in domestics/décor not over in furniture.. Love that shit.. Not.. :mad:

I can understand pillows up there since you can drop them and there's really no damage

Common sense: don't put something heavy up high. Good way to fuck up someone's back.
Poor lifting technique is a good way to fuck up someones back, it being low and on the floor is more likely to do it. Anyways sometimes...well at my store all the time is a fight for space in the back room, you backstock where you can fit it. Really our store's backroom is too small for the volume we handle.

Last edited:
Omg the LOG team at my store has a habit of putting cat litter, 40lb cases of sugar, Arm & Hammer detergent (the 172oz 2/case one), and other extremely heavy stuff on the very top shelf. It drives me nuts. It's barely reachable with a ladder, and down an aisle so you can't drive the wave to it.

That kind of stuff should be located in the steel instead so you can use the WAVe or Crown. Also, we're required to keep cat litter at the lowest level for Steritech reasons.

Some people just don't feel that they can safely get those items down. I know that I let my fear of heights get the better of me quite often when I first got my backroom training, and I would ask for help with some bulky items. Now I go up the ladders like a damn monkey and I'm happy to help anyone who doesn't feel like they are able to get something down.

And of course sometimes there are items on the top shelf that just should not be there, or items that are stacked too high (my favorite is our BPLS aisle).

Last year, we found a massive Christmas tree on the top shelf of SEA2. And nobody could figure out how it got there or how to safely get it down. Eventually, the TL parked the wave nose first into the aisle and lifted it up to the top shelf, while another TM pushed the box across the top shelves until it got to the end and could be moved onto the wave.

The chemical aisle in the backroom at my store is a joke. You got boxes of heavy ass liquid detergent on levels 8 and 9. Do you know how hard it is to get a box of liquid detergent down a ladder? Can't use the wave because it won't fit. And at my store, you have to make sure you put your hand on the bottom of the box because sometimes boxes are shitty and tear open through the bottom. I never trust the bottom of a box of something that's heavy.

Those tidy cat buckets of cat litter are heavy as hell. You could crush someone's skull with one of them. I think when you're in the backroom, it's just something you deal with and have to adapt to the situation.

I figure "BR put it up there, they can get it down."

I am not falling off a ladder, because someone put heavy sh*t on the top shelf.

Man, the BRLOG team must not really give a shit.

Ever since we got our new ETL-LOG (Started a little after I did), we have corrected this very problem.

Along with the majority of the BIG detergent cases being put over in the receiving end (As long as there is more than 2 or 3..) and other heavier stuff down low, febreeze/dawn/etc up higher (Light, of course.) I mean shit...use some common sense!

Also, dependant on your store and what the LOG team does..you'll notice that the large bags of dog food feel like Febreeze cases (The car fresheners). It's like being paid to work in a gym.

Last edited:
Ah, the benefit of being a ULV store is I do not have to deal with this. With proper maintenance, we hardly ever reach higher than 7 ft on any particular aisle. I would lose it on the first person to double stack a box on a top shelf or put a Tidy Cat up high. I have only worked at a C store and helped out a couple B stores over my time, so I never really have gotten to experience a AA or a Super yet. I feel bad for you guys reading this. You all have the patience of a saint, lol. ;)

There are idiots in my backroom that will backstock boxes of potatoes on the top shelf in the ambient room and boxes full of apples on the top shelf in the cooler.

I hate when they put heavy stuff on top shelves! I'm 5'4. So when a guest asks me to get something down for them. I'm just as much in a disadvantage as them!

High and tight. Really High.
This. Less than a week from inventory and today I was pulling cereal case packs, double stacked on the very top shelf, standing on the very top of the ladder. I don't even know how the hell they got them up there let alone double stacked. The rest of the lower shelves were empty.

I'm a BRTM and it drives me absolutely nuts when people backstock heavy Tide casepacks in upper case locations. Put them on the lower case locations, and stop putting the light stuff (air fresheners, magic erasers, sponges, etc..) down low.

A few weeks ago, someone backstocked a mini fridge on the top of our PLUG aisle. Thankfully the TM who was pulling that batch came to me, and I managed to get it down for him. I don't understand what people are thinking when they do stuff like that.

Last edited:
I'm a BRTM and it drives me absolutely nuts when people backstock heavy Tide casepacks in upper case locations. Put them on the lower case locations, and stop putting the light stuff (air fresheners, magic erasers, sponges, etc..) down low.

A few weeks ago, someone backstocked a mini fridge on the top of our PLUG aisle. Thankfully the TM who was pulling that batch came to me, and I managed to get it down for him. I don't understand what people are thinking when they do stuff like that.

I have a theory that all the TMs in the backroom hate each other. It's the only plausible explanation. "I'll backstock this 50lb. box of Clorox in T07, you know, just behind the ladder. Screw you all!" <maniacal laughter while wringing hands>.

My Pet Peeve: Vertical stacking multiple DPCIs of flat-stack furniture / or any furniture really. The BRTMs at my store can't comprehend "striping".

We have a couple of guys who can lift those big boxes of detergent one handed over their heads. No surprise that they tend to stick them on the top shelf instead of shuffling things around so the lighter boxes are up top. Too bad I'm not as strong. I tend to figure out very quickly when I'm pulling if I'll be able to get something down or not. Sometimes I just have to STO it. It's not worth messing up my back even more so that we can have another two A&H jugs on the salesfloor.

The BRTMs at my store can't comprehend "striping".
OMG this statement couldn't be more true for my store. Today, I was walking back to the fixture room and the BRTM working the bulk pallets was pushing an ASST tidy cat pallet under the steel so I asked him if he was going to stripe it.

'Why should I? They can easily scan both of the DPCIs'

Well, Chuck, there's 4 varieties on that pallet and since it's been broken into, it's no longer a whole assortment so the accumulator is off.

Even if it was only two varieties, the CAF pullers wouldn't realize it. They would just see a bunch of brown boxes and M-delete once the first one didn't work.

OMG this statement couldn't be more true for my store. Today, I was walking back to the fixture room and the BRTM working the bulk pallets was pushing an ASST tidy cat pallet under the steel so I asked him if he was going to stripe it.

'Why should I? They can easily scan both of the DPCIs'

Well, Chuck, there's 4 varieties on that pallet and since it's been broken into, it's no longer a whole assortment so the accumulator is off.

Even if it was only two varieties, the CAF pullers wouldn't realize it. They would just see a bunch of brown boxes and M-delete once the first one didn't work.
I think so much of the issue with something like this is lack of detailed training.
Could be outright laziness though too:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back