Archived Few more weeks, and that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put in my notice a bit ago...luckily I'll miss the Black Friday/4th quarter madness. It's bittersweet....I'd love to support my team and put in the effort to make it a successful few months. But at the same time, we're not being given the payroll or empowerment like we used to years ago. It'll be another slim, barebones, "it's okay, we're trimming the fat and things will get better, we promise" 4th quarter. And it'll be yet another rough year....I don't see 2016 being any better than 2015, or 2014, or 2013, or....well....I think the last decent year was 2010? Even then Target was on the downswing.

The last few years I've been telling myself "Well, it can't get any worse"....but it has. Every time. I'm tired of the bare minimum EVERYTHING. Minimum staffing, minimum payroll, minimum resources, minimum acknowledgement. If Target is going to give me dregs, then I'm sorry, that's all I can offer back. My peers have told me that they're disappointed that the work they've put into me has been put to waste ...but I'm disappointed that Target can't see that the effort I'm putting into it is being put to waste.

Target doesn't know how to actually recognize and appreciate it's experienced leadership team. A 1.5k salary increase is not a show of appreciation. Bonuses being reduced year after year, even though the company is asking MORE is not appreciation. A random reevaluation of starting salaries and then learning that you are now making the same amount as a new hire is a slap in the face. The company actually having the best stock prices in it's history while being asked to reduce resources and increase workload is baffling.

I don't know, maybe I'm jaded. Maybe the new generation of leaders will just accept that this is how it is and not question the fact that they now have triple the workload that another ETL had 5 years ago. Maybe this is some grand plan by some person at HQ to purge out old leaders and bring in new ones for some kind of reinvention. Maybe I'm just another statistic in the gears of hiring and turnover and retraining. Some kind of restructuring to reduce brick and mortar footprints for a better digital presence for better sales.

I honestly don't know. But what I *do* know is that the current situation is bullshit. So I'm going somewhere where it isn't bullshit.

But....thank you Target for reading the Best Team Survey and realizing that we need post it notes to make us feel appreciated.

#You (don't) make Target

Good luck. You are great etl.. It will be spot's loss. We at the forum understand why you are doing it.. Please stay in touch. Your postings are awesome.

Thanks, and I'll stick around and keep on giving advice while it's still relevant. And I really want to see what AE2016 brings....with the CVS sell off and the new VML position and the absolutely terrible BTS results....it can either be one of the best or worst restructurings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back