Archived Fill me in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on an LOA for 3 months and I'm about to start back up at a new store. I haven't kept myself up to date about a Target things at all.

How does RFID work? As an electronics tm, how does it affect me?

Going into the holiday season, what items are standing out to be popular that I should educate myself on?

Any other random bits of info??

RFID hasn't rolled out for anything electronics as far as I'm aware. There's small chips/stickers on softlines and a lot of domestics items that has unique identifiers. This enables a RFID reader to quickly count each item. It also lets team members locate specific items quickly. This is a huge help in softlines, where most everything has no definite, mapped out location. You should seek basic training on RFID as I think its a useful thing to have.

I don't oversee toys so I'm not really sure of what toys are big this year. I did see another post on that though.

Hatchimals seem to be the Pie Face of 2016. My understanding is they're like a Furby that hatches. There was one point this week where over half of our Flex hold locations were home to a Hatchimal...pretty weird.

It blows my mind how one toy can become to ridiculously popular and then just fizzle out. Before I left my last store we were struggling to keep up with demand for the new shopkins and the marvel girls dolls. I'm assuming those are nothing now.

Also I'm seeing people saying Cards Against Humanity is big. Do we sell the base game now or still just expansions?

It blows my mind how one toy can become to ridiculously popular and then just fizzle out. Before I left my last store we were struggling to keep up with demand for the new shopkins and the marvel girls dolls. I'm assuming those are nothing now.

Also I'm seeing people saying Cards Against Humanity is big. Do we sell the base game now or still just expansions?
Base set + bigger blacker box + 6 expansions I think. We also had some small additions that we carried when they first were released in store but I haven't seen them since.

Base set + bigger blacker box + 6 expansions I think. We also had some small additions that we carried when they first were released in store but I haven't seen them since.

That's awesome! Last year I got tons of calls and questions about CAH followed by "but it's too late to order online before xmas!!" complaints. Hopefully it won't be as bad now.

That's awesome! Last year I got tons of calls and questions about CAH followed by "but it's too late to order online before xmas!!" complaints. Hopefully it won't be as bad now.
We'll see. We're usually sold out.
I think Oregon trail is a little more popular than cah right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back