Archived Final Fantasy Wiz's Engineering Soda(Jones Soda Situation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Apparently in the Ad, just like with fallout, we are selling a limited quanity of jones soda for final fantasy 15 launch. In the ad it says it is free when you buy Final Fantasy 15 but limit 4 per guest.

How is your store handling this. Just saving them for people who buy the actual game or selling them by themselves. We had alot of pissed off people for that fallout deal

Oh fuck not this shit again.

I know right lol. I only found out because of a forum I go to. Im not electronics but I am going to have a talk with my leadership about this so we dont get screwed over or screw over people and we are aware of what is going on

For the fallout one we got like 12 TOTAL and some DOUCHEBAG got like 9 of them because my now FORMER STL is a moron...so many people pissed off

We have like 10 cases and have received it on at least 2 separate trucks so far. I think it's going to end up being a lot less limited than usual.

I saw this come in to my store last week and went "No. No. NOPE IM DONE. I QUIT." Thankfully I'm not working launch day this year, so it's not my problem. We did get significantly more this year, I've got 5 cases in my lockup so.

Anyone able to give me the DPCI on this thing for when I come in Sunday

We have 4 cases still hanging out under the line. I don't think anyone knows what they are, lol.

I've only seen one case, so if electronics is smart they'll limit it further than 4.

'Wiz's Engineering' soda? Shoulda called it a Hi-Potion or Limit Breaker or something. I feel like this is a missed opportunity on Jones' part.

If the Ad says limit 4, then a guest should be allowed 4. One for each copy of the game they purchase, up to 4.

As long as there isn't a fucking buy 2 get 1 deal on games again this time. Fallout's launch was busier than black friday at my store last year.

Found 3 cases in our electronics Stockroom today. Good thing the team thought that one through. I was expecting a scavenger hunt.

I came here just to find out what they were.. I thought they were another Fallout thing. I would highly advise everyone to limit them to 1 per purchase-of-the-game, up to 4 (meaning 4 game purchases), and not limit 4 bottles per 1 game purchase.

We're a smallish store for a large-ish city and got maybe a dozen or two eaches, and those things are going to be gone the first day I'm sure if they allow 4-per-1game. I am frankly in disbelief that Target can't get its head out of its backside about how rare these things are. AGAIN.

You already had one PR nightmare about it before, and you want to go for a second round?

The problems with limiting them to 1 per game/4 per 4 game purchases:

1. The language in the ad is non specific. It doesn't say that specifically, and any reasonable guest will assume they're allowed to buy some separately as the ad doesn't specify that they must buy the game. They'll take it to the LODs, and if your LODs are anything like mine, they're just gonna give it to the guest anyways

2. It does nothing to drive sales. Yes if a guest really wants to, they'll buy 4 games. They'll then return those games minus the cost of the soda. Best case you've just made the life of the guest a tiny bit more inconvenient and gained nothing.

3. You're almost certainly going to sell out. There is no store side incentive to not just sell the soda and be done with it.

The plan I'm expecting to implement is 4, max. Buy all 4 without the game, buy 3 and get 1 free with the game, but by no means are you going to get 4 and 1 free or any other means that gets you more than 4 total. That's honestly the fairest way to do it.

Last edited:
my store has 60 located in the backroom, and I doubt we will even run out of them by the end of the week.

A
I came here just to find out what they were.. I thought they were another Fallout thing. I would highly advise everyone to limit them to 1 per purchase-of-the-game, up to 4 (meaning 4 game purchases), and not limit 4 bottles per 1 game purchase.

We're a smallish store for a large-ish city and got maybe a dozen or two eaches, and those things are going to be gone the first day I'm sure if they allow 4-per-1game. I am frankly in disbelief that Target can't get its head out of its backside about how rare these things are. AGAIN.

You already had one PR nightmare about it before, and you want to go for a second round?

As always this is subjective and ASANTS. We gave 4 out per copy for whatever dumb reason and still had full cases of 'em in the backroom today. Yet we still get asked daily about the NES classic and the Hatchimals. Wal Mart gets hatchimals weekly. GO ASK THEM. I hate to drive guests from the store but we get them in rarely in comparison and I hate disappointing them.

Woot! I happened to be pulled off bike building for electronics coverage this morning, saw they'd set the sodas, and I promptly locked them all at the boat, effectively excluding our store looking like a fool. Fortunately, only 8 had been bought (4 from our PMT, naughty naughty) So we have about 30-40 to properly distribute.

Does anyone know if other locations got he 40-50 shipment? I'm hoping this is the case, it'll discourage flipping from resellers, and it means if we don't run out this week I may be able to buy a couple (I hold all promotional items for a week and then set them out as free game for people who just want the promotionals).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back