Archived Final warning question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a final warning for attendance back in october. But the date they wrote it would be valid through was 11-10-13

I signed it, my head GSTL, and my LOD. If I. Get in trouble can I dispute it. The writing says valid for one year, but the date we all signed off on was 11-10-13.

Ask your etl-hr without delay. Don't wait to get in trouble and find out you're screwed

My guess is 11/10 was the end of your critical period, not the end of the while cca.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask your etl-hr without delay. Don't wait to get in trouble and find out you're screwed

My guess is 11/10 was the end of your critical period, not the end of the while cca.

Sounds about right. If you called in before 11/10/13 you would be terminated. Once outside of the critical period you are still on FW which means no promotions, transfers etc... And if you have a trend of poor attendance it can still be furthered to termination.

Ask your ETL HR to give you the exact details. There is a "critical" period, which is usually the first 30 days, but sometimes that period can be 6 months or a year. Usually you have to commit the same type of infraction to get terminated, so if the CA is for attendance, you just need to make sure you don't have any further attendance issues. Make sure if there was any legitimacy to the absences (your illness, or that of your children, parents, etc) that you get it documented as a Family Medical Leave absence (they can't hold those type against you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back