Archived Finally Leaving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sickofspot

Integrity Queen
I am so thrilled! I put in my 2-week notice last week! I was going between 3 different job offers and finally chose one. After next week, I am free. I cannot explain the humongous weight that has lifted. There is life after Target.
I am a little sad to be leaving after almost 20 yrs. But, more and more, things keep changing for the worse. I used to love this company. I still love some of the people I work with. But, the constant micromanagement and hostile work environment has gotten to me, especially this past year.
I have also felt like the company is pushing out those of us who have some time in, just to hire a newbie for less pay. Unfortunately, I know a few people at other locations that feel like Target is pushing them out, as well. So sad...
I hope you all will continue to be as kind to me, as you have already been. I would love to stay in contact.

Last edited:
I promise to tell you once I officially start, which will be really soon-literally the day after I leave target. I am so superstitious-dumb, I know. Lol. Thanks for the well wishes!

Congratulations.

Always great to see folks doing well as they step off from Spot.
Son't be a stranger, let us know how things are going.

Yes, I did try to retire. I am nowhere near old enough, according to TMSC/HROC. Luckily, my hubby works for another target-I still get 10% off at least.

Not even close to 50. lol. I started as a teen

I looked into it but I didn't have enough hrs/yr worked in my early yrs.

HROC told me I had to be at least 55. back in the day, the amount of years worked + age would have to equal 55 or more. Now, it is age only. I definitely have the 10 year thing down. But, at least I won't be having panic attacks on a daily basis or have to worry about all the politics anymore. My husband says I already seem in a happier place.

You also have to have worked a min of 1000 hrs for each of those 10 yrs, not consecutive but at least 10 yrs out of how ever many.
I was a part-timer for several yrs so, nope.

Not even close to 50. lol. I started as a teen
Dang it!
From targetpayandbenefits.com info page.
Retiree Discount and Retirement Gift

1. You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.

❏❏ Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year

of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours. (If you were age 45 or older and an active team member on December 31, 2002, five years of credited and continuous service will qualify under the grandfathered rule. Note: If you left the company and were rehired January 1, 2003 or after, you need to meet the 10-year eligibility rules.)

If you are eligible for a retirement gift, you will receive information in the mail approximately two months after your retirement date.
page3image14384
page3image14468

Yeh, I missed quite a few of those benchmarks. Still slogging along.
What's sad is there are a few long-timers who started young but are still yrs away from being able to retire.

So, I started my new job today. It's great! I am a manager at a Starbucks company store. The culture is AWESOME, and the benefits/perks are really cool. Once I get settled, I would love to answer any questions. It is nice to feel the positivity flowing in the building. I missed that at Target the last year I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back