Archived finding books for guests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
does anyone have a QUICK AND EASY way of finding books for guests? whenever i get stopped in electronics, the most dreaded question is "can you help me find a book"? or "do you have this in the paperback version?". since im a backroom team member, i rely on the DPCI to find what i need, but finding books is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. even our electronic team members get held up trying to find a book for the guest, they will even use their phones to see if we have it because the PDA will narrow everything down to 200+ results...

does anyone have any quick methods to finding books that a guest asks for?

I think you can also search for it by author. So if you get too many results with the title you can try the author.

Try asking what kind of book it is. Is it a teen, kid, non-fiction, cooking, new release? Sometimes physically looking is a bit quicker.
Except in the case of those paperback romance books, those all look the same.

I just read the labels, right quick! I hate helping in MMB though, what a disorganized mess.

Crazytarget, Hardlinesmaster; are you allowed to have your phones with you on the salesfloor at your stores? It's always been a huge offence at the stores I've worked at for anyone that is not ETL/STL status.

Crazytarget, Hardlinesmaster; are you allowed to have your phones with you on the salesfloor at your stores? It's always been a huge offence at the stores I've worked at for anyone that is not ETL/STL status.

my device is an ipod, not a phone. my upper mgt allows it & guests loves it. it beats the pda. plus, we have spot wi-fi.

my device is an ipod, not a phone. my upper mgt allows it & guests loves it. it beats the pda. plus, we have spot wi-fi.

Who needs a smart phone when one has an iPod Touch in a place with wi-fi?

Clever! I like it, though I'm not certain my store's leadership team would be 100 % on board with it.

Clever! I like it, though I'm not certain my store's leadership team would be 100 % on board with it.

if you have wi-fi & an ipod. show them how to use the spot mobile app. you can type dpci's on that app too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back