Sales Floor Iron Flame book

I keep having guests say that some stores already had the new Iron Flame book on the salesfloor even though it’s street dated for 11/7. I am assuming they just are trying to get someone to break the street date. 🙄

I keep having guests say that some stores already had the new Iron Flame book on the salesfloor even though it’s street dated for 11/7. I am assuming they just are trying to get someone to break the street date. 🙄

Tell them they should go buy it at those stores then because you aren't going to sell it to them.

Last edited:
It would have been hard locked at the register I believe. They may have seen them on the sales floor but it was a mistake. I saw a Tiktok of guests seeing them in the book shipping boxes on a U-Boat on the sales floor as a team member was working them supposedly.

Happened at my store just recently that a street-dated item (don't know what it was) was on the floor before it was supposed to be. Just an honest mistake by a TM not paying attention, but it was removed ASAP.
There are always people who will try and be sneaky, and it'll probably happen more often as Christmas approaches. If you know you're right, don't let them rattle you.

Helping out on a checklane, a woman brought up a new release that she claimed was on a markdown rack (back in the day).
I pointed out that it was a new release & there was no way it was discounted.
Karen proceeded to get loud enough to attract the attention of a TL who said to ring it up for her.
It was street date-locked.
Karen demanded that she be given the discount price when it became available & we laughed because we knew it would be gone in the first hour.
Karen did not get her new release.

Happened at my store just recently that a street-dated item (don't know what it was) was on the floor before it was supposed to be. Just an honest mistake by a TM not paying attention, but it was removed ASAP.
There are always people who will try and be sneaky, and it'll probably happen more often as Christmas approaches. If you know you're right, don't let them rattle you.
This happens on at least a weekly, if not daily, basis.

Back