Archived Finding it increasingly hard to complete ALL cleaning tasks in Pfresh (somewhat of a rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is the situation:

My store usually has the opener from 6-2:30 and then the closer is usually 2 or 2:30 until 8,9 or closing. That is ALL the coverage we have for the entire Market section including Pfresh every day. Just 2 people in Market all day.

I have been trying to get back on the cleaning routines and making sure we are doing them correct and making sure everything is clean and sanitary for guests but I am struggling to find where all this magical christmas land time is coming from where I have all this time to clean how Target wants it.

Today I spent 2-3 hours cleaning just the shelves where the vendor milk is because it was totally disgusting and I had to scrape dry milk of of every single shelf and there was even mold in a few spots. Not to mention each shelf has to be sprayed with 3 different kinds of product.

I am getting super frustrated trying to find time for all of the cleaning that NEEDS to be done. On C+S days I often find myself being forced to push for 4 hours because our team will not finish on time if I dont. Last week I spent 8 hours helping C+S push between 2 of my shifts. Also on C+S days our backroom apparently is not physcially capable of doing backstock before our C+S team comes in so I or whoever is opening is now responsible for it I guess so we can have clear green racks to put C+S backstock on.

Then there is having to backup cashier or grabbing carts which sometimes take 30 or more minutes each. Or receiving the truck which takes 30minutes to an hour because we are ALWAYS the first stop and ALWAYS have to dig for all of our pallets. Sundays is always hell day because for whatever reason they love to stack all but 1 of our pallets on the same side of the truck so we basically have to unload the entire truck minus freezer to get our one stupid pallet that is on the opposing side instead of them just loading it all on one side and making it way easier.

I also have to spend time dealing with vendor issues which hopefully after a while will run itself more and the vendors will be better after having met with a few of them allready. Then I shoot my own research for any outs, pull any research batches and push them to the floor.

Also in no particular order
1. Pushing out 150-200 gallons of milk on milk deliver days
2. Making TPCS
3. Doing Reshop
4. Attending Smart huddle for 20 minutes or so
5. Doing carryouts and helping guests around non market areas because I have to go through seasonal and mini seasonal to get to the pfresh backroom
6. Filling baskets up half the time because they dont do it around closing or right before opening
7. Being asked to help market ad set on sunday morning when they are behind for 1-2 hours!! (also have to do ad takedown every sat night for closing)
8. Checking the message boards and having to correct signing issues or MIR issues or whatever random crap they want me to check
9. Doing meat coupons and culling expired meat/produce/bakery which for whatever reason was not done during closing
10- The morning cull and SDA before any of the pulls are done which sometimes takes FOREVER. Just the SDA and QMOSING/Dumping all the liquids can take 30-40 minutes sometimes.
11. The 4x4 Walk which apparently now just happens once a week and includes every single section in market...yep...thats going to get done properly....wink.....especially on a milk and C+S delivery day and an order day
12. The LOD walks at 9 and 4.
13. Freshness friday and all the joy of QMOSING that comes with it.....

And many more countless things I am probably forgetting.

Well this went WAY long but I was just wondering how all of you guys that have barely any coverage in market in a similar situation as me have time to properly clean everything that is supposed to be done.

How many hours do you get for market/log zone work centers? What volume is your store? Those are 2 key factors that will affect workload

You forgot ~30 Salesplanners every month as well.

I'm a Perishables Assistant too, and increasingly becoming more and more of a Team Lead at the bargain price of a PA. Not only do we have to worry about everything you stated, but we also have to worry about everything every other team member worries about.

I honestly amaze myself at how much I can get done in a day.

Oh ya, and clean 25% of the coolers and Freezers. every week.

I've honestly have began to think that they actually don't really expect us to get them done, and sign them because there's a place for me to sign.

You forgot ~30 Salesplanners every month as well.

I'm a Perishables Assistant too, and increasingly becoming more and more of a Team Lead at the bargain price of a PA. Not only do we have to worry about everything you stated, but we also have to worry about everything every other team member worries about.

I honestly amaze myself at how much I can get done in a day.

Oh ya, and clean 25% of the coolers and Freezers. every week.

Totally agree....thankfully my POG team sets most salesplanners thank god. I would get nothing done if I had to do that too. That would be almost a whole weeks worth of shifts probably.

How many hours do you get for market/log zone work centers? What volume is your store? Those are 2 key factors that will affect workload

Market is typically an opener from 6-2:30 and then the closer is USUALLY either 2-8 or 2-10. Probably around 100 hours for the week for market.

LOG zone is prob around 45 a week. C+S push team also usually pushes out MCCLANE Candy as well or as much of it as possible on wednesday.

Im in a lower volume store. Our forecasts lately have been 65-75k or so on weekdays

Market is typically an opener from 6-2:30 and then the closer is USUALLY either 2-8 or 2-10. Probably around 100 hours for the week for market.

LOG zone is prob around 45 a week. C+S push team also usually pushes out MCCLANE Candy as well or as much of it as possible on wednesday.

Im in a lower volume store. Our forecasts lately have been 65-75k or so on weekdays

i'm in an A Volume and still have to still with all the same BS. 85-95k weekdays.

The store I was in was high volume and same problems. I was a PA from last August until very recently. I don't think we ever cleaned the milk racks. We were lucky to sweep the ambient room everyday. I know one of my last days I managed to have some extra time and swept the coolers and found dust bunnies in every single one. Couldn't tell you the last time any of them were mopped. Complained to TL when he made our ridiculous checklist that there was no time for cleaning and he said it wasn't all that important.

If you're high volume there is more than 1 pa allocated to the store to ensure cleaning is being done in between freight flow and culling.

If you're high volume there is more than 1 pa allocated to the store to ensure cleaning is being done in between freight flow and culling.
We had a total of 4 PAs at my store and little to no cleaning ever got done.

our PA's have to help with 4x4 everyday also. sounds like your store needs lots of help but unfortunately until other processes are fixed everyone has to suffer. Your not the only one in this boat and everyone is struggling. I work plano and on a daily basis out of 8 hours i spend 5 of those hours mostly on plano. the rest we are doing smuddle, top of the hours, 4x4's whatever. Today we (me and one other tm) manages to get 4 planos set with all of them being small 4ft - 8 ft except one. luckily our PA's get to do what they are supposed to do because we have really started to turn things around.. Our C&S truck is pushed by a team of people (flow) on those two days and generally get it done. They normally have time to help finish doing other push also. We have one BR guy that his focus is market BS and hes really good at it. It all started with the flow process getting it right. BTW our PA also puts up the whole Pfresh ad on sunday mornings and sometimes has to help us..thats one process that we just cant seem to get a good system,

The store I was in was high volume and same problems. I was a PA from last August until very recently. I don't think we ever cleaned the milk racks. We were lucky to sweep the ambient room everyday. I know one of my last days I managed to have some extra time and swept the coolers and found dust bunnies in every single one. Couldn't tell you the last time any of them were mopped. Complained to TL when he made our ridiculous checklist that there was no time for cleaning and he said it wasn't all that important.

Thankfully my SFT knows the cleaning crews contract and they actually go in there and are supposed to sweep and mop the ambient room every day so that is always done for me :)

We techincally have 3 PAs or at least 3 of us are at the PA paygrade. One closes 4-5 nights a week. I open 4-5 times a week and the other works here and there between market and other workcenters. That is basically the Market team too

our PA's have to help with 4x4 everyday also. sounds like your store needs lots of help but unfortunately until other processes are fixed everyone has to suffer. Your not the only one in this boat and everyone is struggling. I work plano and on a daily basis out of 8 hours i spend 5 of those hours mostly on plano. the rest we are doing smuddle, top of the hours, 4x4's whatever. Today we (me and one other tm) manages to get 4 planos set with all of them being small 4ft - 8 ft except one. luckily our PA's get to do what they are supposed to do because we have really started to turn things around.. Our C&S truck is pushed by a team of people (flow) on those two days and generally get it done. They normally have time to help finish doing other push also. We have one BR guy that his focus is market BS and hes really good at it. It all started with the flow process getting it right. BTW our PA also puts up the whole Pfresh ad on sunday mornings and sometimes has to help us..thats one process that we just cant seem to get a good system,

Ya we have a backroom TM who is very involved in market and pfresh as well who does a fantastic job. They usually backstock everything from C+S plus purge and push out dairy and freezer product when they arent backstocking during C+S push. Keeps everything pretty full out on the floor and easier to backstock because there is room.

I would pull my hair out if I had to do ad set in market if I was scheduled PA and came in at 6. I know exactly what it is like because I have done ad here and there and even lead seasonal ad team once. I would probably not even finish until 8-9 if I did do that. Usually the ad is 2 full boxes to push out. Whoever the LOD is usually helps with AD on sundays, and we have one person who does 7X11's and then does 3x5s after. If we have a heavy ad we will leave toys and electronics for last so the Electronics opener can help finish it up when they come in at 8

A piece of advice - don't plan on cleaning tasks getting done. That is all. Do not blame yourself, do not plan for it, do not pass go.

I can't remember the last time we followed the cleaning log that we sign off on everyday. No one checks, no one cares. Simply put; there is not enough man hours for it.

By the way, your cat signature/gif has me laughing my a** off.

A piece of advice - don't plan on cleaning tasks getting done. That is all. Do not blame yourself, do not plan for it, do not pass go.

I can't remember the last time we followed the cleaning log that we sign off on everyday. No one checks, no one cares. Simply put; there is not enough man hours for it.

By the way, your cat signature/gif has me laughing my a** off.

lol ya this is pretty much my attitude...just trying to get more cleaning done so its not disgusting. So glad I cleaned the vendor milk shelves as those were super nasty and disgusting

I think in the year we've had our Pfresh, the milk shelves have been cleaned once, by me. The only things that get cleaned on a "regular" basis are when we sweep our backroom coolers, and that's a stretch by itself. I accepted a long time ago that Target will never understand how to properly run a grocery section/store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back