Archived Finding someone to swap for a Friday or Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Curious to hear the stories of either you asking someone to swap with you for either of these days or someone wanting to swap with you.. Just yesterday someone asked me.. Normally I would but I had prior engagements.

I love the tm's who call out & did not ask anyone to cover their shift. Then, posts the party you went to on Facebook.

Spouse works 2nd shift, so no biggie working Friday nite. However, I had a hard time getting rid of my closing shift on Sunday. However, if I couldn't get rid if it, I showed up.

It is literally impossible to find someone to work for you at my store on a Saturday ( I've tried) I mean occasionally you might keyword might get someone to work for you but it's a rarity. I know a few people have tried bribing people ( mostly cafe people) and that didn't even work lol

Reactions: Him
Dude tries to cover shift night before, no takers.
Calls in sick next day, actually pretends he was sick when everyone knows he was fine the night before and just wanted off for his other job. La di da, we all hope you feel better honey.

Chick puts shift on swap board, every damn Saturday. Calls in every damn Saturday. Still has a job.

I work every weekend, long shifts, without complaint. Late one day, get counselling.

Wack. This shit is wack.

We had a guy in Electronics who for some reason was always scheduled 8pm - 12am on Saturday and then 8am - 12pm on Sunday. I'd usually be scheduled 12-4 or 4-8 on Sunday so we'd swap.

I know that doesn't particularly answer your question, but just know that Target's scheduling system makes zero sense and some people are super entitled.

It wasn't too hard to get rid of a Saturday shift at my store as one TM needed to keep her 30 hr. average as she carried the insurance for her family. Her spouse's days off from work were weekdays, so she actually preferred to work weekends. Sometimes she'd work ALL day by combining 2 OR even 3 shifts. We were very lucky to have her and her willingness to pick up shifts.

If I want a weekend off, I usually request it. My opinion on requesting time off is that if I put in a request, it's really just me telling my etl "hey, I have an engagement that I consider to be more important than work on that day. I think you should plan accordingly." If they don't approve the request, I try to give the shift away, but I'm willing to take the call out on most of those occasions.

If something comes up last minute, I just say don't do it and I go to work, unless it's a morning shift. I don't even try to put up mids and closing weekend shifts for swap. No one wants it. I've gotten rid of some 8am weekend shifts, though.

Yeah Sher, Opening shifts have the best chances of being taken. A person can still "salvage" the day somewhat, but any time after that is probably not going happen..

last year i requested a day off (a saturday) and it wasn't approved so i was scheduled to work an 8 hour cashier shift when i couldn't make it. i put it on the swap board asap and was surprised that someone actually took it right away.

last year i requested a day off (a saturday) and it wasn't approved so i was scheduled to work an 8 hour cashier shift when i couldn't make it. i put it on the swap board asap and was surprised that someone actually took it right away.
8 hour cashier shifts are taken at my store a lot. Really don't know why. Guess time goes by fast cashiering.

8 hour cashier shifts are taken at my store a lot. Really don't know why. Guess time goes by fast cashiering.
We had a TM switch from Sales Floor to Cashiering recently because she likes it that much! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back