Archived Fired for stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyer might send him a fine + the cost of stolen items to drop the charge, either pay up or go to court. They don't want to spend more money on lawyers and by signing that paper, it would make it easier and faster to prosecute. At least that's what happened to my sister when she stole at Kohl's.

The lawyer might send him a fine + the cost of stolen items to drop the charge, either pay up or go to court. They don't want to spend more money on lawyers and by signing that paper, it would make it easier and faster to prosecute. At least that's what happened to my sister when she stole at Kohl's.
How long did it take for her to receive the letter from the lawyer?

If there was no law enforcement present following the interview there is a good chance Target will not press charges. No guarantees though.

Sometimes in my area PD takes 6 years to respond, so my ETL files after the fact.

I have some questions ....
In my case The police department wasn't involved and also AP and HR told me that I wasn't going to court. The amount of money was 150. I agree with them to pay that amount..Im suppose to receive a letter in my mail... and follow steps

questions

They can open a case and send me to court after I pay that money back to target ?
They gonna be able to send me to court "If they were laying the day were I sign those papers ?" still counting that as soon I get that letter I will pay for it.
This incident will be called felony or misdemeanor?? maybe can be another term? "They told me that is something confidential "will not go out of target"
What will that letter say "the one for pay 150 dollars back to the company "??---I know sounds stupid but I been seeing to many things on the internet and I am scare !!!!

I have to say that I learn my lesson and I won't do it again ....And IF you are reading this and you are about to steal ...please don't do it !!!!! It's the worst experience you'll ever have !!!

Thank you'll for the help and support

Last edited:
I also know someone who got busted for stealing. She didn't want to tell me the amount she got caught stealing for but, she didn't have to sign anything and from what I know, no contact by any lawyer yet. Is she lucky? I guess we'll see. It was just recently that she got caught so, I'm a little scared for her. Her fault though.

In my case The police department wasn't involved and also AP and HR told me that I wasn't going to court. The amount of money was 150. I agree with them to pay that amount..Im suppose to receive a letter in my mail... and follow steps

questions

They can open a case and send me to court after I pay that money back to target ?
They gonna be able to send me to court "If they were laying the day were I sign those papers ?" still counting that as soon I get that letter I will pay for it.
This incident will be called felony or misdemeanor?? maybe can be another term? "They told me that is something confidential "will not go out of target"
What will that letter say "the one for pay 150 dollars back to the company "??---I know sounds stupid but I been seeing to many things on the internet and I am scare !!!!

I have to say that I learn my lesson and I won't do it again ....And IF you are reading this and you are about to steal ...please don't do it !!!!! It's the worst experience you'll ever have !!!

They're going to chop your hand off like they used to do in the market place. You'll get a letter for when to come in for the procedure.

questions

I would consider myself very lucky. $150 theft is not a felony in any state. However, it's not this that matters. What matters is you could have been charged with theft, likely convicted, and would have to deal with being branded as a thief on every background check. You lost something important along the way -- your integrity. It would take you years to regain that.

Take this as a learning experience. Your AP and HR gave you a major pass. You live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back