Archived Fired...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a cart attendant is a physically taxing job. So its natural to get sore here and there but bulging discs in your back at my age isn't the best thing you want to hear. So i went to HR with a Dr's note and asked to be put on just cashier til i cant get all my health issues figured out. To which I was basically told "well sucks to be you, bye felicia". I don't know what i expected, this hrtl is a massive c u next tuesday. I'm relieved i got to leave and didnt have to quit but holy crap is target full of feminine hygiene products.

Just wanted to rant. Sorry if its hard to read

Sounds like a workman's comp lawsuit to me.
Granted, Target has their own version of WC but they still have to abide by certain rules for work-related injuries.
You need to lawyer up quick, especially if those bulging discs end up costing you the ability to find another job.

Shouldn't matter if they termed you because you couldn't perform your job as the result of a work-related injury.
If they try to say it was related to job performance, they have to have documentation showing that you were coached, put on corrective action, performance didn't improve, you were put on final, etc; something that can't be done for an injury.
And it would be pretty risky for them to try to go back & fudge paperwork to prove poor performance.

That's pretty shitty. Everything will work out for the best! I hope you do pursue given what you say.

Target will make you prove that it was a new injury and not related to a pre-existing condition. Plus, any TM is required to report work related injuries. If you failed to do so, then it's less likely to look favorable for you.

If it was a cumulative/repetitive injury, he went to the doctor & took his findings (dr's note) directly to HR who decided to dump him because he was within his 90 days.

If it was a cumulative/repetitive injury, he DID go to the doctor & took his note (along with the doctor's Dx) to HR who promptly termed him because he was under his 90 days.
I'm sure a good WC lawyer would be willing to take that case.

If it was a cumulative/repetitive injury, he DID go to the doctor & took his note (along with the doctor's Dx) to HR who promptly termed him because he was under his 90 days.
I'm sure a good WC lawyer would be willing to take that case.

But was the initial problem or injury reported within 24 hours as required? That is where the gray area comes in.

It was reported in the fact that I told the lod when it got really bad about it, she sent me home.

Suck it up, get over it, and find a new job.

You might want to strengthen your back...

Google that shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back