I'm Lost! First day tomorrow??? MAJOR QUESTIONS ABOUT TRAINING?? CASHIER HELP!?!?!?!?!

Hello I am about to start tomorrow as a cashier at Target and I don't want to mess up. My shift is for 5 hours and my store makes ALL the new people to do cashier training at least their first shift. I am really scared about the whole cashier training because I really don't know if I can remember everything in a single day. I know it sounds silly and foolish but it is just a lot of memorization for somebody who is just starting out. I don't want to make a bad impression on my first day of working. It is just too hard to really do all of the things in general. I also might not want to quit but is it possible to also quit less than 90 days without being labeled as non rehire?? I am in a seasonal position. I just don't want to mess up on my first day. I don't want to just quit and be labeled as a non rehire... please help?!?! Most of my other co-workers actually remember everything they learned without asking. It sounds crazy but they may have more experience than me. Just starting out lol...

Try to relax a little, then go to work and do your best. If you have questions, ask your trainer. Don’t worry, everyone is nervous on their first day, your trainer should understand this, since they were nervous on their first day, too, and as a trainer they are used to answering questions, so don’t feel bad about asking them. Most trainers would much rather answer the same question twice than have to fix a mistake because someone didn’t ask how to do something. Try to work a few shifts before you decide to quit, things may work out better than you expect. If you decide you have to quit, please give two weeks notice, if you don’t, you won’t be rehireable. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Trust me I felt the same way you did when I started in October. It was a bit overwhelming at first but after a shift or two you’ll get used to it. Don’t be hesitant to ask questions even if it seems like you’re bothering them. Stay calm and do your best. Good luck!

Keep calm! The register is simple your team lead will train you or put you with someone that’s used to the register to help you so you won’t be up there alone to fend for yourself

POS is not difficult to use, you'll be ok.

One important thing I always say to any new cashier: If something doesn't seem right, even if you can't put your finger on why, TRUST YOUR GUT. Call your GSTL (explain to the guest you're new). Legit guests will understand, scammers will try to get you to keep going or talk fast to get you to overlook their scam. Better safe than sorry with these things.

POS is not difficult to use, you'll be ok.

One important thing I always say to any new cashier: If something doesn't seem right, even if you can't put your finger on why, TRUST YOUR GUT. Call your GSTL (explain to the guest you're new). Legit guests will understand, scammers will try to get you to keep going or talk fast to get you to overlook their scam. Better safe than sorry with these things.
In this same vein, if for some reason, you are having trouble processing a payment, never let a guest tell you how to process that transaction by telling you what buttons to push on the keyboard. It doesn't matter if they tell you they are a Guest Advocate at another Target, call over your SETL or more experienced GA because more than likely it is a scam.

We have an abundance of cashiers this year who don't seem to want help and never turn on their light and decide to ask a cashier close to them for help. Just turn on your light. And please be patient! We see your light, we will be there.

I have a cashier who is constantly running to GS to tell me another cashier is having an issue. 1) I don't see a blinking light and 2) why are you leaving your lane?

Back