Archived First Day Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've attended orientation and completed computer training. Today is supposed to be my first day, and I never had training on hardlines (my position). Do they usually train the new people on their first shift or do we have to figure it out ourselves?

Honestly? At this time of year, any training will be quick and dirty. Basically, it's learn as you go. Trial by fire if you will. Good luck!
Thank you! It's not a problem. I just didn't want to be blindsided with my own shift.

Hmm Nick huh? There was a Nick going thru orientation today w our HR lady. What are the odds?
Like others said you probably won’t get very much training. But it’s ok you will catch on. Ask questions of whoever TMs are near when you are working. Also, at my store anyway, most TMs are stand offish and appear to not want to talk to you at first. So you do the talking and they will come around.
Also get the Target app on your phone. It’s a big help when customers ask for items. there’s even a map of your store.

I've trained alot of seasonals over the years and unfortunately they dont give us enough time to correctly train you .. In my opinion.. so I give them the basics in ways to understand easily and let them know to walkie me if they get stuck so just call on the walkie anytime you dont know anything and need help. We would rather you learn it correctly than wing it and possibly learn it wrong or screw something up majorly.

I was also a seasonal hire with probably an hour of training so I try to show them how I would have preferred to be trained.. shortcuts etc.

Hmm Nick huh? There was a Nick going thru orientation today w our HR lady. What are the odds?
Like others said you probably won’t get very much training. But it’s ok you will catch on. Ask questions of whoever TMs are near when you are working. Also, at my store anyway, most TMs are stand offish and appear to not want to talk to you at first. So you do the talking and they will come around.
Also get the Target app on your phone. It’s a big help when customers ask for items. there’s even a map of your store.
That app was my best friend yesterday. Thank you so much!

I've trained alot of seasonals over the years and unfortunately they dont give us enough time to correctly train you .. In my opinion.. so I give them the basics in ways to understand easily and let them know to walkie me if they get stuck so just call on the walkie anytime you dont know anything and need help. We would rather you learn it correctly than wing it and possibly learn it wrong or screw something up majorly.

I was also a seasonal hire with probably an hour of training so I try to show them how I would have preferred to be trained.. shortcuts etc.
That's exactly what happened and it worked perfectly. I feel very comfortable in the position now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back